Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Schofield 1877 .22
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:50 am 

I’d like to share with you one of my recent acquisitions. ASG Schofield originally purchased as a 6mm with faux ivory grips. A friend made me a full length rifled barrel in .22 which I fitted. Putting it through the chronometer gave poor fps results with an average of 240 fps and 1.5 ftlbs using RWS Hobby 11.9g. So now some valve work was needed. Took out the valve stem and drilled out a second Co2 port. Success as it now runs at 2.8 ftlbs and 330 fps using 11.9g Hobby and 370 using H&N Green 9.5g. I also added a set of handmade wood grips.

Scotland

Post subject: Re: Schofield 1877 .22
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:40 am 

very nice well taken photos 8)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:13 am 

beauty--how,d you make those grips-they are perfect.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:54 am 

pete wrote:
beauty--how,d you make those grips-they are perfect.

I didn’t make them. The owner of one of the UK forums where I moderate makes and sell them. He also does Colt SAA and now working on Umarex S&W M29.

Scotland

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:24 pm 

they look beautiful. i was a member on one of the u.k forums but the site wen,t bust and i couldn,t figure out how to rejoin. i remember you from the forum.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:38 pm 

pete wrote:
they look beautiful. i was a member on one of the u.k forums but the site wen,t bust and i couldn,t figure out how to rejoin. i remember you from the forum.

Yes, it went bust but was taken over and relaunched with a new owner and team.
https://airgunforums.co.uk/
This is the forum immoderate on. It’s only for replica enthusiasts.
https://co2-handguns.freeforums.net/

Scotland

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:59 pm 

i just checked out the video of you shootin cans with your scholfield (and stetson on your top knot). niiice. take a look in the gallery section here at what i made for my colt saa. if you haven,t already you might wan,t to make one or 2 for your guns. the boxes get a little bit easier to make and better looking after a few tries. the grips on the colt saa i did by scratching the original ivory ones up --and then a few coats of stain.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:57 pm 

I've been following your exploits on the British forum. I have a .177 cal 6 inch schofield, and was really interested in your conversion; I didn't realize you started with a 6mm. I'd love to do the conversion, but I see the ASG is not sold in Canada, as far as I can tell.
JD

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:00 am 

JayDee24ca wrote:
I've been following your exploits on the British forum. I have a .177 cal 6 inch schofield, and was really interested in your conversion; I didn't realize you started with a 6mm. I'd love to do the conversion, but I see the ASG is not sold in Canada, as far as I can tell.
JD

Hi JD nice to hear from you. I’ve got two more conversions in the pipeline at the moment. A 6mm Colt SAA Ace and a 6mm Umarex S&W M29 6.5”. Both will be getting full length rifled barrels in .177

Scotland