Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:42 am 

Oh... I forgot that on the H&N pellet line up, you can also try the Finale Match which the normal Match is the Match grade "training" pellets then the Finale is better for true matches and then there is a Maxx which is individually packed for Olympic..... I didn't try the Maxx before and the Finale looks slightly better than normal Match...

Now a days pellets are expensive... So some times I just tested out which pellets my gun likes then go to buy the cheaper one~ Anyway I shoot (plinking) in the basement and not too worry about accuracy at this condition...

And group tests are similar... Just find a pellet then also see the capacity of the gun... Once done, then it's the party time~

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:46 am 

The differences in the H&N line is the way they are sorted.

Sports = unsorted.
Match = machine sorted.
Final Match = hand sorted.

Off the bench +10m maybe you can tell the difference. Shooting from the standing position @10m rifle or pistol I cannot.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:07 am 

I don't understand how they hand sorted or picked pellets... I used a whole afternoon and couldn't finish one tin... [emoji38] the sorted tin from me have to be sold for 50$/500counts...

Maybe the machine sorted is the sorting machine which just following the mold and actually in the same production line... Some from here goes to the Sport line. And the good ones goes to next step.

Then the hand sorted is on the machine that has an operator to work with it manually... Mostly to separate out different head size and weights?! Then from here goes to Match lines, remained goes to next...

Then maybe a QC procedure and sort again for different Finale line products...

At the very end, manual operating big shaking box to sort again and pack into individual packing for the Maxx line?!

We watched the AA factory tour, FX factory tour.... Really do want to watch a pellet factory tour, H&N, JSB or even the Chinese QuangYuan...

~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:33 pm 

Here is a video of H&N pellet factory https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q7glB-J0rA
It's 1 hour and 14 minutes. I'm halfway through it and it's interesting how they make the pellets in H&N.

They said that per batch (average of 75,000 pellets), they would take a number of sample pellets and someone manually checks the pellet weight and the pellet size. Then they would shoot the pellets to check if the grouping is within their tolerance level.

From what I've seen, there are a number of quality checks that are also done (mixture check, wire diameter check, etc.) before a wire batch is fed into the pellet machine that cuts and contains the die to shape the pellets.

Cool video, I'm off to finish it now.

btw, I just did a session with my daystar, shooting 6 mags (84 shots). Went from 210 to 170 bars. I'm very happy with the groupings. Just took my time each shot, and it worked out well.
I also tested the power level, I tried setting it to 60% and did not notice any difference in point of impact (I expected it to be lower vertically), and the groupings are as tight as before. The only difference that I can see is that the pellets did not dig into my duct seal as deep as before, and it did seem to be quieter. I have no proof yet that the shot count will increase if I decrease the power level. I will test this next time. I don't have a chrony, but I can just imagine the fps at 60% :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:20 pm 

Good video! Put it into my watch list as don't have time now for even a half tour~ :)

And quieter usually means higher efficiency and not wasting air so it's a good sign. (if you do need the power for hunting or shooting far away, sometimes you have to maximum the output and to waste some air...)

As the result you mentioned I will keep this setting~ and you should see shot counts increase later... Anyway1 bar equals to 2 shots is good~ :)

Go get yourself a chronograph device ~ There are many good Chrono now a days than before! The number you read will be important to tell if the gun has consistent output which is important for accuracy~ maybe in close range you see it's still shooting in one hole, according to the email response to my questions, FX USA told me in there guns, if muzzle speed spreading for more than 13fps it would cause fliers...

~Target~