Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:13 pm 

My PP700SA also leaks. I have not found the source yet but I will. I hope. :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:59 am 

Daryl wrote:
Now, I mostly shoot 50 feet with it using an old Tasco red-dot "scope" using a "front" sandbag rest. Wearing my glasses, gives a round dot. If not wearing them the dot becomes a slash due to astigmatism in my right eye.
I used to think the 19.09gr. Barr. Hunter Extremes were the best for the.pistol but upon trying the 21.3gr. Match H&N's, found them even better. At 10 meters, they are equal but at 50' to 20yds, the 21.3gr. are superior.
I have shot it 2 handed at 10m. for some excellent scores.
All my handgun training was done with 2 hands. I don't shoot single handed except for the 5M double-tap from the hip on a B27target.

Wow you definitely have experience with this pistol.

Seems that a dot may not be a bad idea for this gun then. Since there are a few dots kicking around my parts bins, it looks like one of them will have a new home soon.

Yes for 2 handed shooting, for sure.

Thanks for sharing!

Oh you do that revolver style shooting from the hip? That's cool!

Cowardice is never rewarded.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:09 am 

krawdad wrote:
My PP700SA also leaks. I have not found the source yet but I will. I hope. :D

Tell me about it. It seems to be doing better now that it's been taken apart a few times and cleaned. It takes several days to leak out. Tried some plumber tape on the cylinder thread, despite it not being rated for more than 2000psi I believe.

- cleaned all the threads with a wire brush
- silicone oil doesn't seem to help, so cleaned it all out.
- looked for imperfections on the contact surfaces and did a bit of sanding
- tried screwing the cylinder 'tightly' .. but shouldn't be necessary.

It's getting better. Some people have reported that after a few good high-pressure fills (difficult with hand pump) can remedy the situation.

Funny part is I have a SCBA tank and refuse to use it with a leaky gun, so I pump the leaky thing manually for testing. Moisture? .. don't care with this gun.

This gun IMHO is supposed to be a plinking workhorse.

She'll get cleaner/dryer air when she starts behaving like a workhorse. :)

Please share any progress you make with it, or if you discover the origin of the leak. The gun being new, it can't be the o-rings can it?

It's a bit frustrating. Please let me know if anything changes.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:51 am 

Mine, came with a Huma air regulator installed and was actually not leaking, when I got it. But I went through and upgraded the o-rings to harder (and supposedly more durable) 90 durometer o rings.
When I put the gun back together it seemed to be okay for a while.
But then I noticed that leaked in the winter time. I speculated this might also be because that's when the air is dryer than in summertime. Not sure if that's a possible reason.

I've gone through and checked all o rings for damage, carefully put it back together, with a proper silicone grease... still leaks. The next thing I haven't done is go back to the 70 durometer softer o-rings.

Not the greatest air pistol in my opinion. I don't mind the single shot part of it so much I just wish the damn thing would stop leaking. I also find the way the barrel is mounted to be questionable.

I have a Bushnell Red dot sight on mine but I may switch to magnified optics as my eyes have had some issues over the past half year and I i think magnification is needed. The only problem is good luck finding a magnified pistol scope in stock.

Dave

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:08 am 

krawdad wrote:
Mine, came with a Huma air regulator installed and was actually not leaking, when I got it. But I went through and upgraded the o-rings to harder (and supposedly more durable) 90 durometer o rings.
When I put the gun back together it seemed to be okay for a while.
But then I noticed that leaked in the winter time. I speculated this might also be because that's when the air is dryer than in summertime. Not sure if that's a possible reason.

I've gone through and checked all o rings for damage, carefully put it back together, with a proper silicone grease... still leaks. The next thing I haven't done is go back to the 70 durometer softer o-rings.

Not the greatest air pistol in my opinion. I don't mind the single shot part of it so much I just wish the damn thing would stop leaking. I also find the way the barrel is mounted to be questionable.

I have a Bushnell Red dot sight on mine but I may switch to magnified optics as my eyes have had some issues over the past half year and I i think magnification is needed. The only problem is good luck finding a magnified pistol scope in stock.

Dave

Now I'm learning O-ring lingo! durometer. Nice.

Well not losing hope on mine, so hopefully you don't lose hope on yours. You seemed to have it nailed down to the o-rings, so that's good!

If mine doesn't settle down after the Huma air regulator install and a few more fills, then the o-rings are on the hit list.

Good luck with the optics situation. Hopefully you find something cost effective.