Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Basement Plinking
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:03 am 

ShooterShane here, located in Dundalk, Ontario.

Been shooting live rounds for a few years. When I finally decided to get my RPAL, they were all booked up or shut down due to covid. Now that I want to buy handguns... C-21 :( :x :cry: ... So here I am. I've saved myself thousands so far, and will likely end up with more than intended. Let the inhome shooting begin!

Post subject: Re: Basement Plinking
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:48 pm 

ShooterShane wrote:

Been shooting live rounds for a few years. When I finally decided to get my RPAL, they were all booked up or shut down due to covid. Now that I want to buy handguns... C-21 :( :x :cry: ... So here I am. I've saved myself thousands so far, and will likely end up with more than intended. Let the inhome shooting begin!

I hear you brother. Welcome. Hey I'm a handgun fan and was also late to the party on everything. Only started shooting this year, so you have more experience that I do. There are some serious pellet handguns that could tickle your fancy and get you to forget about that Glock (my fav) or Beretta, or Colt pistol ..etc. Fine you'll never forget, BUT, you can get some ridiculously awesome fun out of a pellet or even bb pistol. Now is not the time to hit you with a bunch of products, but suffice it to say ..

Welcome.

Cowardice is never rewarded.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:50 pm 

Welcome to the forum!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:56 am 

iratecaller wrote:
ShooterShane wrote:

I hear you brother. Welcome. Hey I'm a handgun fan and was also late to the party on everything. Only started shooting this year, so you have more experience that I do. There are some serious pellet handguns that could tickle your fancy and get you to forget about that Glock (my fav) or Beretta, or Colt pistol ..etc. Fine you'll never forget, BUT, you can get some ridiculously awesome fun out of a pellet or even bb pistol. Now is not the time to hit you with a bunch of products, but suffice it to say ..

Welcome.

I appreciate the welcome! I've done a fair amount of research on airguns and honestly, they are a more cost efficient option. You can't even shoot a firearm at a tree if you wanted to :twisted: ... I currently have a Walther PPQ M2 pellet air gun, I love shooting it whenever I feel like it. Live rounds require too much to enjoy shooting, especially nowadays.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:38 am 

ShooterShane wrote:
iratecaller wrote:
ShooterShane wrote:

Welcome.

I appreciate the welcome! I've done a fair amount of research on airguns and honestly, they are a more cost efficient option. You can't even shoot a firearm at a tree if you wanted to :twisted: ... I currently have a Walther PPQ M2 pellet air gun, I love shooting it whenever I feel like it. Live rounds require too much to enjoy shooting, especially nowadays.

That PPQ M2 is a nice form factor. Yeah personally I would rather focus on the gun than the ammo cost. Shooting my pellet gun 100 times costs 5 bucks and those little C02 powerlets can do 60-120 shots depending on the gun, so much cheaper than a box of firearm amo, range fees, travel .. etc.

Once again ... welcome!

Cowardice is never rewarded.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:59 am 

Welcome to the forum.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:34 pm 

Hey Shane, thanks for the post.

You had messaged me about the Sig but I can’t message back - I think it’s a new user thing. Hope I’m not breaking any rules, but drop me an email at backinottawa15@gmail.com and we can chat about the airgun. Thanks!

Admin if you read this and are ok giving me message permissions so I can be in touch for the ad I posted, that would be great too. Thanks! :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:28 pm 

theraven wrote:
Hey Shane, thanks for the post.

You had messaged me about the Sig but I can’t message back - I think it’s a new user thing. Hope I’m not breaking any rules, but drop me an email at backinottawa15@gmail.com and we can chat about the airgun. Thanks!

Admin if you read this and are ok giving me message permissions so I can be in touch for the ad I posted, that would be great too. Thanks! :)

At the top of this section it explains how it works for new members ... I think you have 5 posts now so every thing should work for yoy ..............

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:26 pm 

Welcome to the forum, Shane.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:51 pm 

Hi all, newbie here.

Basement plinking? ;-)
Used to do it all the time (years ago) with .22s ..it was a very old rental duplex with a dirt basement...back in the old days..
Neighbor never did bring over his .357 mag ;-0

Just garage stuff now.
New (aliexpress) chrony..seems to work OK ..hydraulic oiled pellets are faster

Air javelin is cool (added the HPA kit) the included hammer spring actually reduces FPS by ~50..might try going back to factory
The Air Saber is f'n scary ..even at 1500PSI.. um ..garage shooting is not recommended ..even with 2' of backstop
Git 'em while you can!

/end rave/hello/etc. :-)