Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 12:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:02 pm 

Daryl wrote:
Indeed!!
"Something evil this way comes".

"Liberals’ Planned Gun-Storage OIC Will Target Individuals, Clubs and Stores

17 October 2023

TheGunBlog.ca — Canada’s governing Liberal Party is targeting its planned new firearm-storage laws at government-licensed gun owners, gun clubs, and gun stores, according to an internal Q&A published today.

The Liberals outlined their anti-gun plans in a technical briefing by the Department of Public Safety on Bill C-21 dated 31 May 2022.
The briefing includes a point on strenghening secure storage regulations to be enacted by “order in council” (OiC).
The internal document was obtained through an ATIP request and published today by the Canadian Coalition for Firearm Rights (CCFR).

Internal Q&A

Strengthen secure storage regulations For individuals, gun clubs, stores or all three?
Response: Yes, regulations will be developed for all three.

Why It Matters

It’s the first time we’ve become aware that the planned restrictions target not only individual gun owners, but also gun clubs and gun businesses.
It’s the most detail the Liberals have provided about their intended storage prohibitions. They have been considering new regulations for years, including criminalizing home firearm storage and requiring remote storage.
The Liberals are planning a series of new criminalizations, prohibitions and restrictions as they suppress government-licensed gun owners and businesses.

Were is this info coming from thanks

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:07 pm 

As noted: TheGunBlog.ca.
"The internal document was obtained through an ATIP request and published today by the Canadian Coalition for Firearm Rights (CCFR)."
I am no longer a member of the gun blog, so do not have access to the actual document mentioned above, but do have access to the information
I posted, as coming to me from TheGunBlog.ca.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:20 pm 

Daryl wrote:
As noted: TheGunBlog.ca.
"The internal document was obtained through an ATIP request and published today by the Canadian Coalition for Firearm Rights (CCFR)."
I am no longer a member of the gun blog, so do not have access to the actual document mentioned above, but do have access to the information
I posted, as coming to me from TheGunBlog.ca.

Thanks Daryl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:24 pm 

iratecaller wrote:
18hammers wrote:
I don't really follow what is going on much any more but I can tell you this, massive non compliance is what happened with the gun registry in Alberta and this will be much the same.
I looked over the list and prices offered. I believe I own two on that list. In my case just cause I am getting old and broke down I don't mind giving them up for the money offered. Owned both since the late 80's, one new, never fired the other not used since about 91 so it is not like I will even miss them. Now if I was younger and still shooting a lot I suspect I would do the opposite.
I personally am far more pissed off at the pistol ban, I really was looking forward to getting a Ruger mark 4. Back in my shooting days the mark 2 was the latest and I owned a pair, both bull barreled, one stainless, one blued. I would often blow through a brick a day back then between the two. I would have really enjoyed seeing how the new ones performed. I really hope the pistol ban can be reversed, I suspect it won't though.

Yes the pistol ban is a pisser. I finally get to a small town with access to Crown land, and finally start enjoying shooting in my mid forties, which is still young, and low and behold, society is afraid of even orange tipped toy guns and grown men are shaking at the knees with fear of sweeping (yet unlawful and easily "beatable") municipal bans on anything that resembles a firearm.

We as a society are clearly not mature enough for handguns if we can't stand up for ourselves when it comes to mere toys.

It's the lack of spine exhibited by folk that we consider adult Canadians is the biggest problem of it all.

So yes, they'll take everything away from us. No more handguns, no silencers ever (because there's no debate!) .. and they WILL come for your guns. They will. Because we are afraid of the debate!!!!

If we're afraid of the debate on this forum, then how on Earth are we going to engage policy makers?

We are literally afraid of law enforcement shadows on this forum, and practically pander to them, so how are we supposed to reverse the bad decisions made by our elected government? I know cops and military folk and they aren't the problem. They want the same thing as we do.

Roll over and play dead, is not the kind of winning strategy we need right now guys.

Debate all you want the forum is not stopping you :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:28 pm 

I am quite thankful we can post this stuff.
Much appreciated.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:53 pm 

Daryl wrote:
I am quite thankful we can post this stuff.
Much appreciated.
Yes Daryl. I may be spending some time here at the Bar.

I’ve thought of leaving the Lower Mainland for the Valley or points north like yours. I can hardly find anyone here with their head on straight who is equipped for anything resembling dialogue or debate. But I have a strong sense of place; the landscape and climate here, my activities and work. I don’t want to part from these things.

Yes Irate, the shadows and rolling over. I don’t like it.

Now how do I address the laws and everything in these desperate times? Without going mad? Each and all infinitely complex. I’ve thought it must be much more comprehensive than just top-down and/or bottom-up.

I don’t subscribe to much. I may have found something, I got on from the start, it’s new. It’s the Alliance for Responsible Citizenship (ARC). It’s international, based in the UK. The names attached are stellar. I’m staggered whenever I read or listen. I hope it interests all here

.177 Cometa Fusion, Vantage 3-9x40
.177 Cometa Fenix LT, Endurance 4-16x50
.22 Cometa Fenix, Airmax 3-9x40

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:02 pm 

More and more "darkness" is being exposed day by day......Much more to come!

Hang in there, we're not doomed! :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:07 pm 

Here's the link to their own website.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-safety- ... yback.html

"Timeline for the ban and buyback program
Prohibition

May 1, 2020
The Government of Canada bans 1,500+ models and variants of assault-style firearms
Amnesty

May 1, 2020
Amnesty Order protects responsible owners while they take steps to comply with the law

October 30, 2023

The Amnesty Order is currently set to expire on October 30, 2023, however the Government will extend the Amnesty Order until October 30, 2025. The extension of the Order will ensure affected firearm owners and businesses continue to be protected from criminal liability for unlawful possession while they come into compliance with the law, including having the opportunity to take part in the buyback program." (which has proved to be impossible to develop)

Of course, it is well within the power of the OIC to remove the buy-back provision, as well as the word "protection" as they have already stated that people are in "unlawful possession".
At least I have a 12/6, but of course, that is no protection from OIC's.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:25 pm 

Here is my take if and when 2025 "roundup" comes around.....

If I or you have not shown any violent behavior whether it be verbal threats or physical etc and they come to confiscate tell them NO.Do not hand over your guns, period!

If they come to my door, I will suggest they kiss my arse and bark at the hole!!! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously! No one is coming for Canadians guns! :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:50 pm 

This just in from the Gun Blog.

"Home / News / Liberals Reiterate Plan for New OIC to Confiscate More Guns
News
Liberals Reiterate Plan for New OIC to Confiscate More Guns
23 Oct 2023
Reading Time: 2 minutes

Please check back as we update this developing story.

TheGunBlog.ca — Canada’s governing Liberal Party reiterated today that it will order new rifle and shotgun confiscations by executive decree, continuing its attacks against government-licensed gun owners and businesses.
Expand Rifle and Shotgun Seizures By OIC

The planned prohibition and confiscation “order in council” (OiC) would bypass parliament, and aim to:
Criminalize every licensed gun owner who has any semi-automatic, centre-fire, magazine-fed rifle or shotgun, and
Prohibit and confiscate those models.
Liberal Minister of Public Safety Dominic LeBlanc repeated the plan in his opening comments today to the Senate committee reviewing Bill C-21, the Liberals’ newest anti-gun legislation.
It was his first official comment on the Liberal anti-gun campaign in his new function.

LeBlanc Plans ‘Future Decree’

LeBlanc said the following, translated from French by TheGunBlog.ca:

To settle the problem of firearm classification, we are re-establishing the Canadian Firearms Advisory Committee to independently examine the classification of existing models that fall under the new prospective definition of “Prohibited” firearm in Bill C-21, and to identify those that qualify as hunting firearms to exclude them from a future decree [OiC] aiming to prohibit existing assault weapons.”
—Dominic LeBlanc, Senate SECD Committee, 23 October 2023

The Liberals use the misleading term “assault weapons” to label firearms they dislike, especially semi-auto, centre-fire, mag-fed rifles and shotguns.
Broken Trust and Weakened Safety

The Liberals pretend to want public safety while in fact undermining it.
The Liberals have been planning and executing their crackdowns on honest citizens with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
The Liberal+RCMP attacks have fueled animosity towards politicians and police, and hurt social stability by breaking trust in government institutions.

OiC for Existing Models, Bill C-21 for Future Models

The planned Liberal confiscation order targets our existing models of semi-auto, centre-fire, mag-fed rifles and shotguns, equipment that we own now.
Bill C-21 aims to prohibit future models that are designed and made after Bill C-21 becomes law.

Background

Marco Mendicino, LeBlanc’s predecessor, mentioned the intended confiscation OiC in May. The Liberals had initially planned to unleash the new attack as early as this summer.
The new confiscation order would follow two earlier Liberal crackdowns against honest citizens:
May 2020 order targeting rifle and shotgun owners
October 2022 order targeting handgun owners to begin the confiscation of all handguns.
Their campaign to suppress personal gun ownership has been slowed by massive resistance from police, provinces and the public (including TheGunBlog.ca), plus major legislative and logistical obstacles.

Related

Liberals Plan New OIC to Confiscate More Guns, Mendicino Says
Canada Gun Facts and Stats
Liberal Gun Bans"

The fight goes on. Make sure your own politicians know where you stand.
Daryl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:16 pm 

Dang, I didn't see paddy's post. Mr. Moderator, if you want to delete my post of the Gun Boards notes, please do.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:59 pm 

Daryl wrote:
Dang, I didn't see paddy's post. Mr. Moderator, if you want to delete my post of the Gun Boards notes, please do.

I think it will be fine as is 8)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:54 am 

I’ve just seen the banner for Scrap Bill C-21, and your signature.

I like it, it’s something I can do. Simple and could be effective. Thanks.

.177 Cometa Fusion, Vantage 3-9x40
.177 Cometa Fenix LT, Endurance 4-16x50
.22 Cometa Fenix, Airmax 3-9x40

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:45 pm 

More figures released on the buy-back program costs, which doesn't include doesn't include anything from Bill C-21 if it becomes law.
This was first reported by "The Gun Blog".
https://www.rebelnews.com/the_gunn_show ... er_08_2023

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:50 pm 

“the budget will balance itself.”.......Half a TRILLION added to the debt, does anyone think the cost of the buyback matters? :lol: :lol: :lol: