Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 11:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:32 am 

I came across these in my travels around the Canadian retailers and thought they looked interesting.

Attachment:
nemesis.jpg
nemesis.jpg [ 302.15 KiB | Viewed 656 times ]
I think it's a replica.

Not planning on buying one full retail, but they have .22 versions as well. If one fell in my lap for 100$ I'd likely get one if the forum's opinion was generally favorable. (Have a relative that might be interested.)

Being a pellet gun pistol with a bolt-action, almost like a modernized compact 2240! It looks like something people would just jump on like crazy.

It looks like something that should be more popular than it seems.

Anybody have opinions on this gun?

Cowardice is never rewarded.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:19 am 

hey ir. hows it goin. not me personally-- but there was some talk about these pistols on here when they first came out-- i think about 4 years ago. also type it in on you tube-- the airgun detectives guy gives a good review on it. i almost got one when they first came out . and back then i almost bought every new gun when they first came out.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:28 am 

LOL~ same here... When it just came out, or say even before it's available in Canada I wanted to buy one... Same reason, 22cal, like a modenized 2240, bolt action, multi shot...

However I gave up the idea later as I thought its power, built, trigger, accuracy... couldn't compare to my collections... So not worth spending the money and shoot two mags then put it aside forever.... :)

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:33 am 

pete wrote:
hey ir. hows it goin. not me personally-- but there was some talk about these pistols on here when they first came out-- i think about 4 years ago. also type it in on you tube-- the airgun detectives guy gives a good review on it. i almost got one when they first came out . and back then i almost bought every new gun when they first came out.

Did some searching on the forum. Found lots of excitement for the gun. Apparently it's all plastic . Seems as though the golden generation for Webley and Scott air pistols was with the Alecto and Nemesis springer.

Last edited by iratecaller on Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:39 am 

YepYep wrote:
LOL~ same here... When it just came out, or say even before it's available in Canada I wanted to buy one... Same reason, 22cal, like a modenized 2240, bolt action, multi shot...

However I gave up the idea later as I thought its power, built, trigger, accuracy... couldn't compare to my collections... So not worth spending the money and shoot two mags then put it aside forever.... :)

Oh put them aside for ever ... like my Crosman Vigilante, Umarex Glock, KWC "all plastic" replica or the Mercury Rise Torpedo. Can't even sell the Torpedo here because it's a paintball gun. lol.

Oh not buying for myself, just researching for someone. My guy might be better off with a 2240 w/red dot or a low-cost SSP like P17 or LP400.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:40 pm 

iratecaller wrote:
YepYep wrote:

My guy might be better off with a 2240 w/red dot or a low-cost SSP like P17 or LP400.

Yeah~ That's another why I choose not buying it too. Nothing looks can stand out with this gun...

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:46 pm 

I dont own one, but it's not a replica of any powder burner handgun AFAIK. Looks like a ''true'' handgun though, like the Beeman P17 (which is not a replica either). I saw good reviews on it too, but the all-plastic construction doesn't appeal to me.

What I do own though is the original Nemesis (in .177), and it's a SSP like your LP400, not a springer. Superb quality and all-metal construction except for the grip panels, also it's super accurate. Shoots @ about 400 fps with a 7.33 grains pellet IIRC.

Attachments:
Original_Webley_Nemesis.JPG
Original_Webley_Nemesis.JPG [ 52.08 KiB | Viewed 613 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:07 pm 

airmec wrote:
I dont own one, but it's not a replica of any powder burner handgun AFAIK. Looks like a ''true'' handgun though, like the Beeman P17 (which is not a replica either). I saw good reviews on it too, but the all-plastic construction doesn't appeal to me.

What I do own though is the original Nemesis (in .177), and it's a SSP like your LP400, not a springer. Superb quality and all-metal construction except for the grip panels, also it's super accurate. Shoots @ about 400 fps with a 7.33 grains pellet IIRC.

:shock: :shock: That's a beauty. Love those SSPs. If you ever want to get rid of it ... your "good ol pal" irate would give her a nice home. LOL. I'm sure it edges out the LP400s in all manner of quality metrics.

I wouldn't buy the C02 nemesis for myself but it looks like a terrific starting point for someone just getting into C02 pistols.

EDIT: Good to know that it's not really a replica. Maybe if a mod wants to move the post to the General Chat section, that would work.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:31 pm 

iratecaller wrote:
airmec wrote:

:shock: :shock: That's a beauty. Love those SSPs. If you ever want to get rid of it ... your "good ol pal" irate would give her a nice home. LOL. I'm sure it edges out the LP400s in all manner of quality metrics.

I wouldn't buy the C02 nemesis for myself but it looks like a terrific starting point for someone just getting into C02 pistols.

EDIT: Good to know that it's not really a replica. Maybe if a mod wants to move the post to the General Chat section, that would work.

Hey thanks for the kind words! But, sorry to say, my good ol' buddy irate will have to do without it, as this one is a true keeper. I only ever saw that one for sale on this side of the pond, although they seem to still be quite common in the U.K. . They also came in .22, and had a limited run in silver finish.

If ever you come upon the new version, I'd be interested to hear about your impressions on it :drinkers: .