Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:25 pm 

Seven of us went to Grenville today to do the work requested by the CFO to get our expansion approved. Many thanks to Kim, Stan, Blane, John, Denis and Dave for really givin'er for a good number of hours.

The lanes are cut into the bush and marked at the shooting line and at the end of the lane. We actually have lane posts in place for the shooting line and fluorescent topped posts at the ends. The area behind the shooting line is all cut as well and we will have gravel on the shooting areas and the existing path will be extended to the end of lane 30. Looking from the new lane one down to lane 30, you can see the impressive 130 yard shooting line. We will have tons of room to spread out and every monthly match can have a new blend of lanes. When mounting the new targets, two per lane, we are going to try to have the location mobile, whether strapped to a tree, which can be changed up, or on a stump that can be relocated. The targets are going to come from the existing lanes, as we will be taking one target off each of the 20 lanes.

We will almost certainly have a new sight-in area and plans for that are rattling around in Dave's and my head. We will have something in place by the first match of the 2024 season in April.

Matches will be 60 shots on fifteen lanes, with two targets per lane. This accommodates 30 shooters, with two shooters per squad or 45 shooters if there are three shooters per squad. For the Nationals, we could have 60 shooters with still only two shooters per squad.

So the course will be there, now we have to find a way to fill it up.

And I did not take a single picture. Duuh!

Once the CFO has granted final approval for the full FT course, I will update this thread.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:03 pm 

That sounds amazing Tim. I look forward to joining you for a few matches next season.
Rob27

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:19 pm 

Sounds great!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:32 am 

Excellent! I will come to try it out!

Feinwerkbau 300S
FX Dreamline Classic
Weihrauch HW100KT FSB
Weihrauch HW97KT
Weihrauch HW50S
Artemis M16
Artemis PP700
Weihrauch HW40
Beeman P17
Stoeger XP4

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:17 pm 

Very exciting news Tim. My mind is already looking forward to all the new challenges this course will now provide. Now if only my body will allow me to continue to compete. Getting old sucks, but we will hang in there!

I tip my hat to you Dave and all the others that make our events so enjoyable.

THANK YOU ALL!

Bill.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:18 pm 

WooHoo! We have CFO approval to populate the new lanes with targets in the spring. The gate has been moved back to its new location, just before the new lane one. So in the spring, we will be moving the gravel to create the new sections of the path and the ten new shooting pads/areas. From the exosting lanes, we will remove one target from each tp put on the new lanes. We are hoping to try out the new lanes in April and May of 2024.

Having two, fifteen lane courses of 60 shots each is going to be awesome for big matches. The "One and Done" will now be shot on 30 lanes, with a 60 shot total. We can even run a WFTF type course with 25 lanes with two targets on each and a 50 shot total. I better stop there, as other possibilities are swirling around in my head.

I am always anxious to get things started in the spring, but this year that will be amplified. Looking forward to seeing many of you next season.