Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Attachments
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:29 pm 

New to the forum. Old guy here. Just purchased a couple of Air Rifles for plinking. Latest purchase is a Ruger 10/20 Air Rifle and I'm wondering if it's possible to replace the front sight with a bright green painted dot sight instead of the red one currently on it. I'm also interested in purchasing a scope mount and scope for this rifle. Can anyone provide a website where I might obtain these items? And in Canada if possible.

Post subject: Re: Attachments
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:31 pm 

Welcome to the forum from southern Alberta!

If that gun shoots over 500 fps then you must purchase a "springer" rated scope and mounts because of the double direction recoil of the spring. This is well known to be a "scope killer" as in breaks it!

Wes at Airgun Archery Fun can hook you up. Awesome guy to deal with and great service!

https://airgunarcheryfun.ca/?utm_source ... top_banner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:40 pm 

Actually the Ruger 10/22 (assuming that is what you got) is a CO2 low power plinker, CT sells them. Any scope and mount will work on them and there are countless sources to find them. Or look in the for sale section on this forum, there are some good scopes for sale by members. You'll need 4 more posts before you can contact members directly. Good luck. :drinkers:

))))----//----------==

Iacio, ergo sum

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:50 pm 

Welcome Max, lots of other old shooters here!

Where are you located?

I have pasted links below and a bit of a note that I posted to thank some of the Canadian suppliers who supported our Airgun Field Target National Championships.

You cannot go wrong with any of these.

Again, welcome to the forum.
Rob27
---

Thanks to Travis, Wes, Raman, and Dan for your support of the Canadian National Championships as well as being great suppliers to Canadian airgun shooters (and helping to feed our addiction!)

http://www.airgunsource.ca

http://www.airgunarcheryfun.ca

http://www.canadashootingsupply.ca

http://www.airgunforum.ca/store/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:42 am 

Thanks all for the helpful replies. I made an error with description; it should have been “10/22” as mentioned. And my location is Prince George, BC.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:16 pm 

Welcome to CAF.
If you are a gun club member, we are shooting Sunday afternoon, indoors, 1PM. If you aren't a member, you can join on-line at the gun club's web site,
or at Corlanes Sporting Goods store, beside Best Buy. You could also purchase a day-pass at Corlanes, they are $20.00 iirc.
If you are a senior, club membership is only $65.00 + GST.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:28 pm 

Welcome to the forum.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:44 am 

Heading out to the range in 2 1/2 hours. We usually shoot for 3 hours, depending on personal choices.
I'll be taking a couple HW97's today.

Attachments:
HW 97s resized2.jpg
HW 97s resized2.jpg [ 428.44 KiB | Viewed 904 times ]