Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 4:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:30 pm 

Brand new, just received! When I bleed the pump ALL the air comes RUSHING out and nothing is left in the gun. Not a leak here. Something is seriously open. What to do? I don't have much experience and I'm not too mechanically inclined. The other PCPs just work, like they're supposed to... which is the way I like it!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:54 pm 

Get out the soapy water mix..... :wink:

Here is a link with a few things to look over first.

https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2005/05 ... bout-them/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:43 pm 

One more thought, have you cocked the gun then filled it?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:53 pm 

One more thought, have you cocked the gun then filled it?

--------

Just did... and it worked! So then, can somebody explain what just happened... to a not enough mechanically inclined guy?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:59 pm 

I think I read it somewhere that some pcp's need to be cocked to avoid the air leaking from the valve?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:10 pm 

That would happen with a very heavy hammer, or simply the design, I guess.
Seems to me, the Gauntlet was that way. can't remember now, it's been a CO2 shooter for a number of years.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:29 pm 

That would happen with a very heavy hammer...

----

I guess not, the bolt is easy to cock, unlike that Orion where you'd think it's a crossbow you're cocking! Anyway, thanks alot gang, the job's done and I can shoot it. It's no fancy thing but when it's working it's fun and I'd say tat's the purpose of it all.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:05 am 

Its more likely the spring that drives the hammer that is holding the valve open and letting pressure out when your trying to fill the gun .Cocking the gun took the pressure off the valve so you could fill .That spring may or may not be adjustable on that gun i don't own one so not sure .theirs more to this that spring can also affect the power of the gun or lower spring pressure to increase shot count at lower power or increases spring pressure more power but few shots ............

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:46 am 

The way I read OP post, is the check valve is staying open and the air is back bleeding out his fill source bleed screw. Inside your foster fitting is a one way valve with a seal. If this seal gets torn or a small piece of debris get between the seal this will let the air back bleed.
I believe you need a special double pin wrench to remove the fill cap on the 1322 as the foster is machined as one piece. Take a picture of the fill port with cap off and post. You may need to return the gun. I think a have made a wrench for the removal of the fill cap for this purpose.

Robert

Edit: I just went and looked at my gun the foster will unscrew with a wrench, giving you the ability to change the fill port seal. it is the tube cap that requires a pin wrench

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:54 am 

no his issue is the valve is staying open while trying to fill
if you don't let to rifle go completely empty you will be able to
fill without cocking it as long as there is more pressure behind the valve then the spring

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:18 am 

The check valve ( one way valve) in his foster fitting is a staying open upon release. Typodan I will dissemble your type of foster this afternoon and post some pics of the internal seal that is staying open when you bleed your pump.

Robert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:57 pm 

McRobert wrote:
The check valve ( one way valve) in his foster fitting is a staying open upon release. Typodan I will dissemble your type of foster this afternoon and post some pics of the internal seal that is staying open when you bleed your pump.

Robert

Good point but when he cocks the gun no leak .if the fill check was bad cocking would make no diff ..

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:10 pm 

Hi everyone. Looks like this case is closed. All is normal now, including not needing to cock before pumping air. Whatever was wide open is now functioning normally after that great trick of "cocking the gun before filling with air". So thanks and I now have another gun that works as it should and my job is shooting it (basement plinking).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:35 pm 

typodan wrote:
Hi everyone. Looks like this case is closed. All is normal now, including not needing to cock before pumping air. Whatever was wide open is now functioning normally after that great trick of "cocking the gun before filling with air". So thanks and I now have another gun that works as it should and my job is shooting it (basement plinking).

Well great enjoy your new gun