Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:46 pm 

From CSSA This morning:
Bill C-21 Passed. Brace for the Next Liberal Assault on Our Community

We regret to announce the Senate passed Bill C-21 late today, and the bill is expected to receive Royal Assent on Friday, December 15th.

Despite hearing from over 60 expert witnesses, including Alberta CFO Terri Bryant and Saskatchewan CFO Robert Freberg, their pleas for common sense measures to go after criminals, not licensed gun owners, fell on deaf ears.

Remember Bill C-21 and all the other wrongs this Liberal government has visited upon you and your family when you cast your ballot in the next federal election.

For more details on the upcoming assault on our community, see today’s commentary.

COMMENTARY

On June 29th, we ended our commentary with these words:[i]

Confiscating firearms from the most peaceful segment of Canadian society remains this Liberal government’s highest priority.

Why?

What are they planning to do that requires ordinary, decent Canadians to be disarmed first?

Buy ammunition, folks.

Today, we’re encouraging you to buy ammunition while you still can, but for a different reason. Yes, the Trudeau government is still every gun owner’s greatest enemy, but not our only enemy.

The ongoing wars in Ukraine and Israel, combined with two recent ammunition factory catastrophes (Illinois[ii], Nebraska[iii]), mean ammunition is scarcer than ever as we head into 2024.

This won’t change in the foreseeable future and, as a result, big price hikes are coming as well, as outlined in a letter from Vista Outdoors to its customers.

“As a valued customer, we are writing to inform you of Vista Outdoor’s substantial price increases that will take effect for all orders placed after January 1, 2024. The upcoming price increase is the result of an ongoing, global shortage of gunpowder. We thank you for your understanding and patience as we navigate the challenging market conditions.”[iv]

Shotshell, Rifle, and WMR/HMR Ammunition – 1-7% increase
Handgun and .22LR/Short Ammunition – 1-5% increase
Primers – 5% increase
Alliant Powder – 10% increase

Throughout the COVID era, ammunition stockpiling in America and, to a smaller extent here in Canada, also helped fuel the scarcity. Losing two ammunition factories and the high demand created by two major conflicts and numerous smaller ones around the world only exacerbate the issue.

If you can find ammunition, buy it.

If you can find powder, primers, and bullets, buy them too.

All of these items are made of Unobtanium, and that does not appear to be a problem that will resolve itself in this coming year.

Bill C-21

Bill C-21 isn’t the end of the legislative assault on Canada’s safest demographic, it’s just the most recent one. The moment it passes, the Liberals will begin their next assault on our community.

This is not conjecture. This is a fact.

Whenever Justin Trudeau or members of his government get in trouble, he launches an attack on us.

This pattern will continue in 2024, as Trudeau and his lackeys attempt to cover up the latest scandal.

And we can always count on the lawless and Trudeau’s penchant for ignoring the violent crime they spawn as the “rationale” for ramming through more attacks on us, our community and our culture of safety.

Same as it ever was…

Sources:

[i] https://cssa-cila.org/violent-crime-con ... the-price/

[ii] https://apnews.com/article/illinois-amm ... e8bd51858d

[iii] https://www.ksnblocal4.com/2023/10/16/v ... nd-island/

[iv] https://www.sspfirearms.com/2023/12/08/ ... -increase/

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:30 am 

This is bad news, but what exactly does it mean for the bb/pellet and airsoft gun community, as well as for certain guns in question like some larger shotguns and the SKS?

I just visited Replica Air Guns website and they are still selling bb,pellet, and airsoft products.

I think I heard a rumor that the SKS was removed from the ban list?

My only other concern is larger shotguns due to the whole 20mm bore diameter issue.

"I went to god just to see, and I was looking at me" - Marilyn Manson, "The Reflecting God" (1996).