Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:46 pm 

If anyone would like some photos of the disassembly of the high-pressure piston of the GX CS3, here is the link. It will be available only for a limited time due to Dropbox space limitations?

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/tdwj0loc ... jgz2y&dl=0

Webley Viscount .177
Kral Mega Marine Walnut .22
Artemis PP750 .22
FX Streamline .22 walnut
FX Streamline .22 composite
FX Dynamic 500 .22

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:51 pm 

That is small. Do you have a run time that you pumped before the repair? Did it stop pumping or just got slow? Did it come with the parts that you are installing?

Robert.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:07 am 

Yes, the high-pressure piston is only about 3/8" in diameter.

The kit from Target Forge has a complete new piston, with spring check ball, tension spring, sealing rings and the two sleeves.

They also include an extra pair of sealing rings.

Mine was slow pumping after about 6 months. I chased every other possibility I could idenitify, then decided that the only thing left was the high-pressure check valve. I ordered the kit to have on hand in case something went wrong when dealing with the piston, but found that blowing shop air through and some solvent remove whatever deposit was affecting the check ball sealing.

It was back to speed after that.

For anyone who hasn't been inside one of these compressors, I can provide photos . These compressors are a completely different set-up than Yong Heng or the New wArrior V2 style.

The GS3 and New Warrior V2 style use a reduction gear which may be interchangeable, very similar. I haven't been ambitious enough to pull both types apart at the same time to compare gear box parts.

Webley Viscount .177
Artemis PP750 .22
FX Streamline .22 walnut
FX Dynamic 500 .22

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:07 am 

So how long did your compressor last be for it needed rebuild ?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:40 pm 

"last compressor"?

Do you mean the GX CS3? I haven't had to rebuild it, just chased some causes for the slow pumping, as I tied to describe.

After ~ 6 months, it was slow in filling. The problem was minor, only the high-pressure check ball not seating properly but to some material in the seat. Once I had the fault located, it was simple to solve. I'm guessing at about 45 minutes of operation per week.

If you mean my last Yong Heng, probably about the same time per week over a year.

I've gone through the GS3, cleaning out all old grease, Permatex Superlube silicone grease in the compressor and gear case. The gear case grease looked like old peanut butter.

Hopefully I anwswered your question.

Two 7 hour range days in a row and falling asleep.

Webley Viscount .177
Artemis PP750 .22
FX Streamline .22 walnut
FX Dynamic 500 .22

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:23 am 

Thank you