Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:30 pm 

Changes to the Red Flag laws put onus on gun owner to prove no-danger, etc, in court.

Daryl

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:06 pm 

What a vague statement......Are they talking about my personal guns I own to be a danger to the public, or are they talking about yours and mine and all gun owners?

Many gun owners are stupid the way some lock theirs up?

I know for a fact mine are of no danger as I know how to secure mine up. For starters, you must get thru my home security, then get past my pitbull then............That is just to get near my guns, now how to get at them? LOL

I'm really looking forward to Trudeau's so called contractors coming to my door to collect. I'm going to have lunch money for decades to come. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:21 pm 

Brian Lilley is a Canadian columnist, author, television show host, and was the senior correspondent for the now defunct Sun News Network in Ottawa, covering Parliament Hill. He has worked in radio, television and print across Canada.

:lol: :lol: :drinkers: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:54 pm 

What the new Red Flag law would allow, is a neighbour (or anyone) who dislikes you, could call the local detachment or police department and report you in your
living room waving a gun around and pointing it out the window, for an example. ERT pays a visit, confiscates ALL your guns, including air guns, firearms or not,
and you get to defend yourself by PROVING in court you did not do that. Good luck.
It is your word, against theirs. THAT is why this is such a draconian & dangerous law. Some States have tried the same thing, but failed.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:08 pm 

The only penalty for a false claim such as this legislation would allow, is "giving false information to a peace officer".
Summary conviction only.
But, how likely is this to happen?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:26 pm 

Well there are many scenarios/rabbit holes one can dream up however, none is based on truth. One thing history has shown is how endless rules and laws keep being created yet, none are ever held to account.....The creation of the endless noise is when a "loser" breaks the law they have the tools to through the book at em?

I have a nephew and a few police friends in the force and one thing I can say is, none of them are stupid and can find out very quickly when they're being fed a line of BS.

Brian Lilley is a joke, always has been and always will be.

A quote from my uncle was always "figures never lie but liars always figure"....Folks all over the world are constantly learning the exposure of corruption and false truths.....Is 2024 going to be known as the year of SHOCK AND AWE?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:09 pm 

LOL - says someone who thinks the cops will be stopped by his dog. BANG - no dog.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:14 pm 

Mostly, all this gun control 'stuff' is just virtue signally by the dick-in-power.
The RCMP refused to do his search and seizure on PEI a year ago, Dec. 23rd.
so he then started talking about hiring private people to do the "job". Nothing
has been reported since.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:26 am 

It is a political wedge issue that the Liberals know will work for them since it has proven to work in the past.
The Liberals can claim that they are protecting Canadians by removing guns. The Conservatives are forced to either say nothing and lose support of legal gun owners, or oppose the ineffective new laws and immediately be painted as the party of school shootings and homicidal maniacs.
Gun control laws - no matter how ineffective or even harmful - are all upside for the Liberals, all downside for Conservatives.