Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 9:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:59 pm 

Mac wrote:
Caribookid wrote:
Here's the link:
https://www.airgunforum.ca/store/produc ... cts_id=209

Best price I have found. 8)

I see and have seen the link; what I do not see is the 800 fps. You would have to ask Dan about that.

I guess I was making an assumption there... I've seen advertising elsewhere that say this model is 800 fps.
For example the link below, (but they have no stock.)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:10 pm 

Mac wrote:
Caribookid wrote:
Here's the link:

Best price I have found. 8)

I see and have seen the link; what I do not see is the 800 fps. You would have to ask Dan about that.

I guess I made an assumption, having seen ads from other places stating these are 800fps... as in the link below, (but they have no stock.)
https://www.gotenda.com/product/cz-200- ... t-800-fps/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:30 pm 

Is that shooting at 800fps so important and can be a deal breaker?? If it's just say 750fps, will you pass it?

Mine was shooting at 11fpe (around 780fps) when it came home. I didn't tune it up (I could, just because780fps was already too much for my need) but focus on the efficiency / shot count and noise level, so I turned it down to 10fpe at 730fps and very happy with it.

Those are all just numbers IMO, different pellets can give you different readings, and I also believe all those ads / spec on the websites are not proved, and just copied from someone else, nobody really tuned the gun and shot the gun then put the number on the webpages... So why so concern with that?

It's just too bad that mine is a 177 and also already tuned to my liking which just 10fpe and not maxed out... Otherwise I would be happy to test it and let ppl know...

Not sure if anyone buy the 22 cal version and can share their findings...

In general, the CZ200 is a great accurate PCP rifle. It's like the Weihrauch HW30, very suitable for target shooting. However it's not the modern power built now a days. It has capable power to do lot of jobs, but definitely not those modern PCPs that normally you can get 30/40/60 or more fpe energy at the muzzle.

If you need power or in doubt of CZ200's power, just go for something else.

Just my 2 cents.... Anyway the CZ200 is a keeper for me without doubt.

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:39 pm 

800fps is not bad, in 5.5mm, if indeed, the rifle can do it even 650fps in .22 is decent, 14fpe will kill vermin very well, depending on their size.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:25 pm 

YepYep wrote:
Is that shooting at 800fps so important and can be a deal breaker?? If it's just say 750fps, will you pass it?
Mine was shooting at 11fpe (around 780fps) when it came home. I didn't tune it up (I could, just because780fps was already too much for my need) but focus on the efficiency / shot count and noise level, so I turned it down to 10fpe at 730fps and very happy with it.

Those are all just numbers IMO, different pellets can give you different readings, and I also believe all those ads / spec on the websites are not proved, and just copied from someone else, nobody really tuned the gun and shot the gun then put the number on the webpages... So why so concern with that?

If you need power or in doubt of CZ200's power, just go for something else.
Just my 2 cents.... Anyway the CZ200 is a keeper for me without doubt.

700-800 fps is likely fine for me. Whatever the 5.5 CZ puts out will work, now that others have chimed in about its ability to despatch small pests.
I am kind of sold on the CZ because I do already have an older CZ 200s in .177, and the air tanks can be shared. And I know these rifles have a great reputation for accuracy.
Once I finally get one, and the temps go up a bit (-20c and colder here lately!) I will chrony and report back.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:14 pm 

Yep! That's great to have a real world testing fact here~ Thanks in advance~ I want to know that too~

Actually I don't trust those numbers on the spec too much as I started with replicas.... ;) but looks the CZ guns didn't "flow" up the number too much... At least my 177 CZ200 proved it can do that spec number with lead pellets...

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 8:29 pm 

I just picked up the red laminated 800 FPS .177 from Bashaw Sports at $525 shipped. I have shot a lot of these in the past at my gun club. If I was to make a comment, you will find they are a very small, light rifle. For a big guy like me, they are almost child like. That said you will not find a better deal around.

I am just reading on what mods a guy might want to do, although they are great right out of the box. I can just never leave anything alone :) I am sure I am not the only one like that.

There are two models out there; one rated at 800 FPS and another at 490 fps in the .177 size. No idea about the rating for the .22. I know they can be modified a little but I doubt as high as 800 FPS in .22 A lot of the PCP guns shoot the most accurately in 800-850 fps so higher power might lose a little accuracy, but I doubt too much.

They are just changing their web page so there are a lot of problems there and you might be better off just calling them and asking if they have more left or not. 1-877-562-2855 or sales@bashawsports.com. I know one part of the web page said $600 but another place was $500. Their web page is a mess right now. I have sold rifle reloading products to them, and bought from them for a long time and always been happy with our sales. I think they have a free shipping deal going right now (May 15 2024)

https://www.bashawsports.com/