Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Licensed barrel makers
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:53 pm 

Guys, I need a lic. barrel maker to make me up a barrel for my Rhineland. I FINALLY got an answer from them, and It looks like a replacement from them will take about a year and run $200 bucks + brokerage/import fees.....around 400 bucks :(

Anyway, I can have one made...but it has to be by a licenced barrel manufacturer, or my gun is Prohib status....and I don't want to go to jail.

Anybody know anybody who offers the service?

Ryan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:17 pm 

Any licenced gunsmith could do the service for you, and although it has been many years since I heard about one barrel maker in your neck of the woods, he might still be in business. The sad part is, I can't remember his name, but the Canadian Smallbore Team used him for all their work. Even Epps might be able to steer you in the right direction. I think the fellow used to be in Midland. Past that, you could try Precision Arms in Vaughan as I know he is not too far a drive from where you are. King Side Road and Jane St., about 300 feet east of Jane. Good luck.

When you are long winded, is that a sign of Wisdom or Old Age?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:13 am 

You are probably referring to Joe MacLennan (sp?). Nice guy. His wife (ex now I think) Sandy is a great girl as well.
I have a couple of his barrels on my precision rigs....but a little too pricey for a plinker. I'll check with Wes at Epps and see if he knows somebody else.

Ryan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:14 pm 

Yes, that is who I was referring to Joe. It might be a bit pricey to go to him, but if no other smith can do it so that you can keep your rifle, it might be worth the money. Never hurts to ask and tell him the details. You never know.

When you are long winded, is that a sign of Wisdom or Old Age?