Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 12:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Snowpeak/Diana chaser
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:06 pm 

Hello I'm looking into any info that might lead me closer to getting a longer barrel for my chaser .22 surely there must be another company that has a similar attachment style ? Or maybe close enough that a little machining and tapping will make it work , crosman 2040 barrels ?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:29 pm 

canadianranger11 wrote:
Hello I'm looking into any info that might lead me closer to getting a longer barrel for my chaser .22 surely there must be another company that has a similar attachment style ? Or maybe close enough that a little machining and tapping will make it work , crosman 2040 barrels ?

Thanks in advance

Crosman barrel is 11mm OD, has a TP hole, and the breach leede is champhered to take the O-ring on the end of the bolt probe and that's it. Chaser and related ones (CR600, Bandit, CPM-2, PP700, PP800, Stormrider, etc) are 12mm OD nominal (I measured 11.75mm), and turned down to fit the breach to 10 mm OD (I measured 9.8mm) and has 2 o-ring grooves bracketing the TP hole (O), and the breach has an annular groove at the very end for an O-ring that fits tight around the bolt probe. If you can source an 11 mm or up to 15 mm barrel you could machine the breach to fit the Chaser. I began this journey after Christmas, buying a Fusion long barrel from D&L, but when it arrived I found out it was shrouded, and the actual rifled length of barrel was only about 12", 4" of which are in the breach block and is of too small diameter to be useful. Long and short of it was the barrel would end up shorter than the Chaser pistol barrel. ... Anyone want to buy a nice Fusion .22 cal barrel?

Attachments:
UJct-S2m.jpg
UJct-S2m.jpg [ 120.1 KiB | Viewed 453 times ]

))))----//----------==

Iacio, ergo sum

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:32 pm 

Okay the other thing I wanted it to be was a similar price , the Karl puncher has a similar look with the o rings and it's narrows where it slides into the breech but didn't look into the measurements

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:40 pm 

canadianranger11 wrote:

Thanks in advance

Have you tried Wes, he built me a barrel for my PP750?

https://airgunarcheryfun.ca/?utm_source ... top_banner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:57 pm 

WoodWelder wrote:
canadianranger11 wrote:

Thanks in advance

Have you tried Wes, he built me a barrel for my PP750?

https://airgunarcheryfun.ca/?utm_source ... top_banner
I looked on the site quick and it just mentioned they were out of stock maybe I'll send an email!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:49 pm 

I know the seneca Dragonfly MK2 is made by snowpeak and has 22” ( rough guess) barrel. It’s definitely longer then my stormrider barrel. I’ll measure it next time I’m in the shop. I’m working on my Dragonfly project now but down the road I’m was thinking about switch the FLY barrel with Storm barrel.

Artemis CR600W .177
Diana Stormrider .177
Seneca Dragonfly MK2 .177

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:00 pm 

Knappr wrote:
I know the seneca Dragonfly MK2 is made by snowpeak and has 22” ( rough guess) barrel. It’s definitely longer then my stormrider barrel. I’ll measure it next time I’m in the shop. I’m working on my Dragonfly project now but down the road I’m was thinking about switch the FLY barrel with Storm barrel.
I did see some parts fit across the board with those I'll have a gander at that also most places seem to be out of stock

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:30 pm 

After many hours of window shopping online, it appears ‘ out of stock’, ‘sold out’ and ‘pre-order’ are more common these days. Things just aren’t refreshing like they did in years past. I hope this goes create ‘pice gouging’ when products do arrive. Go luck on your barrel hunt. I wouldn’t mind another DFMK2 barrel myself.

Artemis CR600W .177
Diana Stormrider .177
Seneca Dragonfly MK2 .177