Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: PCP Orings
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:08 pm 

I'm interested in a PCP airgun but wondering if replacement seals can be had from local hydraulics shops and other oring suppliers. I've been reading of people having a hard time finding orings for their guns and waiting months for seal kits... :(

Post subject: Re: PCP Orings
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:08 pm 

I bought a kit of O rings from Princess Auto. They apparently have 2 kits, one with metric O rings, the other with "standard" sizes. I was able to repair 2 of Gordo's PCP's with those standard sized O rings.
I have also used those O rings to replace the breech/chamber seal in my Brocock (English) rifle.
I have heard that hydraulic shops have even better O rings.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:59 pm 

oringsandmore is in US but far bigger selection, and the website is well organized.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:45 am 

Ok...thanks...good to know they are readily available and are not some special one of a kind o rings...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:04 am 

Most of the guns that I have purchased except for Umarex have come with a complete set of orings. The orings that I have replaced are the breach seals and probe orings, but they have lasted more than a couple of years. You will have plenty off time to source the few orings needed. I have 8 oring kits of 4 different compounds and then at least 50 bags like this
Attachment:
orings 2.jpg
orings 2.jpg [ 577.83 KiB | Viewed 353 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:30 pm 

White O rings are the colour of the breech seals on my Weihrauch springers.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:58 pm 

Back in the day when I was shooting my QB regularly, I needed to re seal mine. I tried cheap orings but they did not work so well. I ended up getting the specs for all the orings it had in it and ordered a bunch due to the minimum order requirement. I sold kits at my cost to recoop the extra $ I put out. Ended up getting a full reseal for less than a third of the cost of the official re-seal kits.

Maybe it is easier to buy smaller quantities these days???

Just a thought, has anyone ever kept a list of seals and orings for each Airgun they own? I have specs for a few of mine. It would be great if we could come together and may be get a shareable document going?

Id be happy to do the typing if anyone wants to pass on the knowledge?

TyeRant

Daisy Powerline 717 (in bits and pieces LOL)
Daisy Powerline 953
2289G Lightly Modded
AR2078 - HPA with DFG Valve Stem
Umerex Air Javelin (HPA Mod)
Milano Tsunami T1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:01 pm 

tyerant wrote:
Back in the day when I was shooting my QB regularly, I needed to re seal mine. I tried cheap orings but they did not work so well. I ended up getting the specs for all the orings it had in it and ordered a bunch due to the minimum order requirement. I sold kits at my cost to recoop the extra $ I put out. Ended up getting a full reseal for less than a third of the cost of the official re-seal kits.

Maybe it is easier to buy smaller quantities these days???

Just a thought, has anyone ever kept a list of seals and orings for each Airgun they own? I have specs for a few of mine. It would be great if we could come together and may be get a shareable document going?

Id be happy to do the typing if anyone wants to pass on the knowledge?

TyeRant

It's nice to know there are orings available .Haven't yet decided about a PCP because I like the simplicity of the springers...just load and shoot...all day... :D
No hand pumping or compressors to stop working or lugging around fill bottles,etc. all the time... Still, the accuracy of pcps are enticing because I would like to shoot out to a hundred yards or so accurately...not going to happen with springers...not mine anyway...