Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:05 pm 

When I hold my charity shoot in April, I like to have some loaner guns available. Of course, I don't want to invest too much in them so I have been buying cheap new and used air guns for this purpose. I also want them to shoot well so if they meet my standards I keep them. If they don't I resell them. (They have to shoot a 1/2" or less group from the bench at 10 yards.)
So far I have 10 that will do that. All have scopes and all have been purchased for less than $250.

Thought I would share the info with everyone.

The are all break barrel 1.77 and sub 500 fps.
All Except one work best with JSB Exact 8.44 gr pellets. (4.52)
Most are equipped with used Excalibur Crossbow Scopes.

Here is the list:

3 Grizzly Razer 3 Stoeger X3 Tac 1 Crossman Tyro 1 Diana 11 1 Gamo Delta 1 Crossman Phoenix

If anyone wants more information, drop me a note.

George

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:02 pm 

Daisy 880. $60 with cheap scope from Walmart a few years ago.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Daisy-Powerl ... l/40556631

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:18 pm 

Mine shoots better than 1/2" at 10yd with pellet, or a bit over 1" with BB. It is a multi pump.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:21 am 

880 is the best--but it is PAL rated
if you don't want spend more crosman 760 is another option(smooth bore, not very good for pellets above 20 yards), as well as crosman m4-177 (tactical looking, beware you could get shot by policy if you carrying it in public--which happened in a US Walmart before)
For break barrel, Crosman Phantom and Optimus is the best--compare to its price it almost reaches same accuracy level with top tier springers within 50 yards.
For pcp, get a HPA bottle version of Beeman 78/79/2079--it is about $200($300 for 2079) retail price PCP and quite accurate with iron/peep sight up to 30-40 yards (haven't tested further range though)

Finally get my PAL after 1 year waiting