Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 6:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Perth Ontario Gun show
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:45 am 

I stopped by on Saturday. There was someone selling a Ruger 10/22 replica air gun for $450. It was new in box however.
There were a few used air guns but were they were selling for more than new.
I didn't buy a thing. Prices just seem insane.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:57 am 

Holy hell, you're not talking about the umarex model are you?

J.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:14 am 

It is not uncommon to see ludicrous prices being placed on used items. Just have a look on FB Marketplace. Sometimes it's a joke but sometimes not. In any event, the seller is generally under the impression that their piece of junk is a treasure. For the Ruger, $50 may have got him a sale - maybe not. NEXT.

))))----//----------==

Iacio, ergo sum

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:59 am 

It was the umarex version. The week before he was at the Lombardy gun show The were 2 with a price of $450.
I thought that's still way over priced for 2. He had one left at the Perth show selling for $450. They were $450 each!
I just ordered one from Al Flaherty"s for $88.99. It's the kit. Should be fun as a back yard plinker.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:03 am 

Dukemeister wrote:
It is not uncommon to see ludicrous prices being placed on used items. Just have a look on FB Marketplace. Sometimes it's a joke but sometimes not. In any event, the seller is generally under the impression that their piece of junk is a treasure. For the Ruger, $50 may have got him a sale - maybe not. NEXT.
Yeah~ my wife got home a owl decoration piece from Value Village for 4.99 something a few days ago... And I put it on the front yard...

And later, my wife showed me the below finding from eBay... And I said, quick, bring that piece back home, don't just throw it on the grass outside... [emoji38]

I couldn't tell the difference between ours and this one on the picture... :) I should check carefully again on the piece to see if I found Any signatures etc on it....

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:01 pm 

80Indy wrote:
It was the umarex version. The week before he was at the Lombardy gun show The were 2 with a price of $450.
I thought that's still way over priced for 2. He had one left at the Perth show selling for $450. They were $450 each!
I just ordered one from Al Flaherty"s for $88.99. It's the kit. Should be fun as a back yard plinker.
Wow! That's exactly where I got mine from recently. Can't believe they were trying to charge that much. I ended up ordering 3 extra cartridges from pyramid [emoji17]. Unfortunately they are unable to be found in Canada. Decently accurate too, you'll enjoy it [emoji1360]. Tedious part is filling the rotors with pellets.

Yep you never know what you'll find at thrift stores. It's a true saying one man's junk is another man's treasure [emoji12]. I thought you used it as a target until o scrolled down lol.

J.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:17 pm 

Tokin247 wrote:
Yep you never know what you'll find at thrift stores. It's a true saying one man's junk is another man's treasure [emoji12]. I thought you used it as a target until o scrolled down lol.

J.

[emoji38] never think about shooting those things especially after my wife showed me it might worth for 50 bucks~

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe