Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Bushnell Rimfire 3-9x32
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:58 pm 

Really nice scope. The finish feels a bit cheesy. But I like the matte, because glittery guns arn't cool. It comes with mounts. I really like the variable power thing. I've mounted this on my 2240 and my 2289, and it perfomed flawlessly. On the 2240 with steel breech, 24" barrel, and shoulder stock, I could pretty consistently hit the top half of a water bottle at about 40 yds. 8) Nice and clear. I like the rubber on the rear lense so if I hit my face it doesn't hurt too bad. My only complaint is that the finish is a bit cheesy feeling. :cry: Definatly are really good scope for the money ($50 at Wholesale Sports). If you have a low budget and need a hunting scope, get this.

Hey, don't hate. It releases negative energy, which is bad for everyone.

Last edited by ABshooter on Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:03 pm 

Yep, I agree. If you beat it up while hunting you won't feel too bad :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:32 pm 

Update... Yesterday, after a couple weeks of sitting on my shelf, I mounted this scope on a modded 1377 rifle (my brother's), and sighted it in. It held zero for a few shots, then I didnt hit what I was aiming at anymore... So I resighted in, and, same deal. Held zero for a few shots, then it was all over the place...

I'll never buy another Bushnell again, as I've heard this happens fairly commonly with their scopes, and the customer service sucks.

I threw away the box and docs months ago, so no hope there...

I'm a Tasco man now...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:03 pm 

ABshooter wrote:
I'll never buy another Bushnell again, as I've heard this happens fairly commonly with their scopes, and the customer service sucks.

I think you're mixing up Tasco and Bushnell customer service there. The only people I've ever read of complaining about Bushy CS are those who have real old scopes that obviously look externally damaged. Real old only matters because if they can't repair it and if it wasn't a manufacturing problem it's your dime. As for Tasco...lots of luck there with CS. It may be better now, depends who owns them today...

Bushnell doesn't require any docs etc., they can tell by looking how old your scope is, and they don't care anyway IME. I'd send it in. Unless of course you moved the objective manually or something like that, they'll be able to tell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:12 pm 

Mkay, but I thought a bunch of people were complaining about how they make it hard to get a replacement....?

Naw, I didn't mod anything on my optics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:59 am 
Supporting Member 2009

is it still focused and clear?

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:24 am 

ABshooter wrote:
Mkay, but I thought a bunch of people were complaining about how they make it hard to get a replacement....?

Naw, I didn't mod anything on my optics.

I took back a scope without box or anything awhile ago and they replaced it No Problem. A couple years ago I took a pair of binoculars back for repair because I dropped them...they replaced them for new too! That was personal visits to Bushnell Canada but I don't know how they are via mail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:34 am 

My bushnell sportaman 3-9x-40mm w/ A/O just puked on me. Had it mounted to a Diana model 48 though.

Steve