Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:05 pm 

Hi guys,

two things:

1. maybe some of you heard that Crosman is having a 20% sales on everything every Tuesday until the end of November. It really make me feel like ordering a Benjamin Discovery from them (I have a shipping address in the States).

I wonder ...

Any of you guys ever pass thru the Canadian custom with an air rifle. I have my valid Canadian acquisition license for sure. So technically I should not have any issues. But just so I would feel better about it ...anyone ever imported one?

2. To make it even a little bit more complicated, I could even buy the Marauder, and find a weaponsmith down there to cut off the shroud (like NBOAirgun does) before importing it back. What is your feeling about this?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:39 pm 

In other provinces you simply show your PAL and drive back, but I don't know how it works in QC since we are still stuck with LGR. Not sure if the customs will let you in just the same or would they hold it till you show your proof of registration.

As for marauder it's problematic, you can't just cut it off, it'll need to be reclassified, which from what I read the guy at NBO is certified to do.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:27 pm 

I just called the Canadian custom in Quebec. The agent told me that the only thing required is the bill of sale and the Possession/Acquisition license. That's it.

Them I asked him if we needed to register the weapon prior of entering the country. He told me that the custom are not related at all with the registration process. It is the responsibility of the customer to register the weapon. This is valid for air and firearm.

Sound like I am ordering a Benjamin Discovery or an Hatsan 135 ... then I will make a short trip to the state to pick it up. I will let you know how it went.

20% Next Tuesday. 327$ (all included) for the Discovery .22 and the pump .... not bad at all :D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:22 pm 

Good to hear, looks like I'm going to pick up something next time I'm in US.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:24 pm 

Phoned Canadian Tire customer service- no such Tuesday deal , perhaps certain stores may have this.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:52 pm 

jzmtl wrote:
In other provinces you simply show your PAL and drive back, but I don't know how it works in QC since we are still stuck with LGR. Not sure if the customs will let you in just the same or would they hold it till you show your proof of registration.

As for marauder it's problematic, you can't just cut it off, it'll need to be reclassified, which from what I read the guy at NBO is certified to do.

The registry was abolished by the federal gov. IF our province wins the cause in court they will be able to pass a law forcing owner to register their firearms. Until then it's up to you if you wish to register your firearms or not but you don't "have" to.

Even if we do end up with a registry here and you didn't register your firearms, since the rest of the country doesn't have a registry I guess all you'd have to do is say you just bought it from someone in the next province and be done with it, same thing if you wished to make the "disapear" from the registry if you so wished.

That's why that freaking registry is completly useless (not to mention it can't prevent a single crime)

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:27 pm 

ten-ring wrote:
Phoned Canadian Tire customer service- no such Tuesday deal , perhaps certain stores may have this.

It's on the Crossman.com site next Tuesday.