Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: .177 Recommendations
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:38 pm 

Along with the XISICO.22 in m6 previous post, I would like to purchase a.177, mainly for target shooting. I was thinking Diana 34 but was also looking at the Hatsan 95. A couple months ago I had been reading about the Benjamin's that are 1200 to 1500 fps, but have read that speed doesn't necessarily produce accuracy. Any ideas??

Post subject: Re: .177 Recommendations
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:18 am 

Correct. Faster is not necessarily better... and certainly not more accurate.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:57 pm 

I do not know lots about spring rifles. But German Diana should be much better than Turkish Hatsan. The barrel itself should be more accurate.
Also if you want accuracy, just don't even look at those Chinese rifles under famous brand names (like Benjamin and stuff). Again, I am not qualified enough, but I'm sure out of all mentioned Diana should be the best choice. Maybe people who know could advice different model of Diana (350 for example?) or Weihrauch, but not Hatsan, definitely.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:57 pm 

The best springers are undoubtedly the HW97's and AA TX200? My 97 runs 890fps iwth 8gr. Predators and can easily make head and chest shots on gophers to 56 yards, my furthest shot so far. Sound wise, I shot from the back of my friend's Ford idling Deisel truck and killed just over 20 gophers in 20 shots- perhaps 12 minutes - all on a big mound 20 to 25 yards away - point blank shooting. They just stood there until all were dead.

https://www.dlairgun.com/Air-Rifles/Wei ... 97_KT.html
http://www.air-arms.co.uk/products/spring-guns

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:10 pm 

You can't go wrong with a D34. But for me, the most accurate rifle I have is my FWB 124 Sport. It handles several different pellets with amazing accuracy! I can do dime size groups @ 35 yds with no problem. But I can also do pretty close to that with my D34 but that's a .22 ! I'd say go with the D343 over the Hatsan.

"You repair things with tools, you fix things with a hammer, if you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem !"