Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:20 pm 

After a lot of reading and info from many of the fine members here, I ordered a Condor in .25 cal and it has arrrived.
In preparation for the Condor I ordered a tri rail to raise the scope height, a wokbutt for better shouldering ergonomics, a pcp tunes trigger blade, and stainless power level screw. I also ordered a micrometer tank for greater shot count at lower velocities. I've mounted an Airforce 3-9x40 scope which has proven to be surprisingly clear and well made. Only gripe is it doesn't have the side focus.

I haven't been able to really try it out at it's full potential, but so far I'm incredibly impressed. It's got a ton of power, build quality is excellent. The ergonomics with the wokbutt are actually very good. The tri rail and scope rings brought the scope up to the perfect height for me. A surprise is that I can actually focus down to 24 feet (my indoor range distance) and am on target. I didn't think I'd be able to do that.

Thanks for all the info and suggestions, this is going to be one awesome shooter come warmer weather when I can stretch it's legs out.

Attachments:
IMG_2250.JPG
IMG_2250.JPG [ 116.89 KiB | Viewed 1367 times ]
IMG_2249.JPG
IMG_2249.JPG [ 120.21 KiB | Viewed 1367 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:08 am 

Congrats!! Looks nice.

What will you be using it for mostly? Pest control?

Air Arms S400 MPR FT .177
Steyr EVO 10
Benjamin Sheridan 397P
Stoeger X5 (non-PAL)
Crosman P1377 & P1322

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:14 am 

She's a beaut.... no I'll be using it for longer distance target shooting. No desire to shoot cute little fuzzy things. Although we do have coyotes in the area who come in closer at times and I wouldn't hesitate if the need arose as our dog has lost much of his eyesight and doesn't need to be swarmed by a pack of them.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:18 am 

fishguy wrote:
She's a beaut.... no I'll be using it for longer distance target shooting. No desire to shoot cute little fuzzy things. Although we do have coyotes in the area who come in closer at times and I wouldn't hesitate if the need arose as our dog has lost much of his eyesight and doesn't need to be swarmed by a pack of them.

Are you into Field Target shooting at all? I've only been on a few matches and it's a lot of fun and I'm HOOKED!

Did I tell you I'm expecting a new CZ 200S Green any day now? My plan is to use it for field target, as long as it's accurate and comfortable.

Cheers!

Steyr EVO 10
Benjamin Sheridan 397P
Stoeger X5 (non-PAL)
Crosman P1377 & P1322

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:18 am 

fishguy wrote:
After a lot of reading and info from many of the fine members here, I ordered a Condor in .25 cal and it has arrrived.
In preparation for the Condor I ordered a tri rail to raise the scope height, a wokbutt for better shouldering ergonomics, a pcp tunes trigger blade, and stainless power level screw. I also ordered a micrometer tank for greater shot count at lower velocities. I've mounted an Airforce 3-9x40 scope which has proven to be surprisingly clear and well made. Only gripe is it doesn't have the side focus.

I haven't been able to really try it out at it's full potential, but so far I'm incredibly impressed. It's got a ton of power, build quality is excellent. The ergonomics with the wokbutt are actually very good. The tri rail and scope rings brought the scope up to the perfect height for me. A surprise is that I can actually focus down to 24 feet (my indoor range distance) and am on target. I didn't think I'd be able to do that.

Thanks for all the info and suggestions, this is going to be one awesome shooter come warmer weather when I can stretch it's legs out.

Great choice! I have a Talon and would be fitting it with the Ttunes trigger spring, Aof Arizona sear 2 kit and Altaros reg once I find the time. Very accurate as it is and very versatile too! Enjoy your new toy!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:41 am 

does anyone cast .22 or .25 bullets for the airforce condor? i was hoping to find a .257 barrel for my condor with extreme valve in Canada for sale. I am tempted to get a .225 mold by LEE and .224 sizer to use for my .22 condor but wanted to find out what the exact barrel diameter would be. any tips would be great and congrats on your new condor :D

Hw45 in .22 and .177
Kriss vector gen 1 .45 acp
Norinco m305 7.62 x 51
Marlin 1895 45 70

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:32 pm 

Mtl_Biker wrote:
fishguy wrote:

Are you into Field Target shooting at all? I've only been on a few matches and it's a lot of fun and I'm HOOKED!

Did I tell you I'm expecting a new CZ 200S Green any day now? My plan is to use it for field target, as long as it's accurate and comfortable.

Cheers!

I thought you were done with the CZ/S200 guns after finding they weren't match grade accurate?
We don't have any field target events around Winnipeg that I'm aware of yet unfortunately. I can get my S200 up over 750fps so I could use that as well in theory. Wouldn't have nearly the thump of the Condor of course.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:41 pm 

fishguy wrote:
I thought you were done with the CZ/S200 guns after finding they weren't match grade accurate?
We don't have any field target events around Winnipeg that I'm aware of yet unfortunately. I can get my S200 up over 750fps so I could use that as well in theory. Wouldn't have nearly the thump of the Condor of course.

Well, the CZ200T that I had wasn't match quality, but that doesn't mean none of them are. Generally the CZ barrels have a pretty high reputation and I'm willing to give it another, uh, shot. Besides the 200T was crippled for the Canadian non-PAL target shooting market, and where other examples of that gun have adjustment screws, that one had nothing at all.

The "Green" model I've got coming is a full power, 16 joules version, with fully adjustable one-piece stock and I have high hopes for it. Especially since I already have a spare cylinder for it as well as the 10-shot magazine conversion and a bunch of magazines. I'll put a Rowan trigger and hamster on it, and a really good side-focus Hawke Airmax 30 scope (8-32x50) on it and give it a good test. It'll be, as far as I can determine, the first and only one in Canada. (Special order before they started production.)

There seem to be several members here from your area... it would be great fun if you could get some of them together to try field target. Even 4-5 guys is enough to make it work. And you've got the guns for it, and as far as I can tell from your posts, the expertise to do well at it.

Cheers!

Steyr EVO 10
Benjamin Sheridan 397P
Stoeger X5 (non-PAL)
Crosman P1377 & P1322

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:19 pm 

Congrats Ryan. .25 cal @ 950 means stone cold coyotes at close encounters. :) I love mine.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:01 am 

Leaddragon wrote:
does anyone cast .22 or .25 bullets for the airforce condor? i was hoping to find a .257 barrel for my condor with extreme valve in Canada for sale. I am tempted to get a .225 mold by LEE and .224 sizer to use for my .22 condor but wanted to find out what the exact barrel diameter would be. any tips would be great and congrats on your new condor :D

http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/index.php?cPath=374_376

The first mould I bought from these fellows, cast a 51gr. flatnose BT and a 48gr. hollow point BT. both are VERY accurate at 20 yards, the only range I've shot so far.

I just received a new 4 cavity 51gr. FNBT mould which will be much faster casting, but I had to put it on my 6-cavity Lyman handles - it would not fit the 4 cavity handles I have. NP, though, as I'm no casting .38wadcutters any more.

These bullets for the air rifles are/were designed by rsterne, BOB - of this forum.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:18 am 

I have two Talons, both souped up to Condor velocities with every goodie from the Talon Forum that I could put on them.

My .22 currently has a 12" barrel, and shoots Predators into about 1/2 inch at 20 yards, at about 800 ft. per second which is not bad for a 12 inch barrel. It has accounted for its share of rabbits and grouse, though, and I have no problems taking a big snowshoe hare out to 45 yards cleanly. I'll probably put an 18" Walther barrel on it this summer.

The .25 is a different kettle of fish. It shoots one-holers at 20 yards, with Preds, at 1000 fps. It also likes Baracuda Hunter extremes, and shoots them into 1/4" at the same velocity. It takes hares out to 60 yards cleanly, If I was inside 30 yards I'd not hesitate on even a deer with a head shot.

Here's a shot of my .22 Talon with the Angle adapter on the tank, which also has an external fill nipple on it so I don't have to detach the tank. I understand they have a proprietary tank that will do the same thing now, but the Talon Forum accessories are really top notch. You might save for one of these - filling the gun while the tank is on the gun is great, and the extra 1/2 inch lower the adapter puts the stock makes it more comfortable to hold. The second shot shows the fill nipple on the right side of the gun.

You are gonna LUV your Condor!!!! :twisted: