Canadian Airgun Forum
https://www.airgunforum.ca/forums/

Slightly Better Scope for Daisy 953 ?
https://www.airgunforum.ca/forums/topic75166.html
Page 1 of 4

Author:  Plink-Panther [ Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:13 am ]
Post subject:  Slightly Better Scope for Daisy 953 ?

looking for a 3-9x32 or 4-12x40 scope with adjustable parallax for plinking from 6-50 yrds

This Leapers caught my eye because it is for short distances (my indoor range is 7m (23ft)
https://www.dlairgun.com/Scopes/Leapers ... OIEWQ.html?

but I don't need a battery operated one like above - so I am looking in the $80-130 range if a bargain scope is out there.

The stock 953 scope is reasonable for a $70 rifle but I want an adjustable parallax for distances (if I use the term correctly)

I just got Ace's pimped-out 953 and it deserves a better scope 8)

I don't see myself shooting further than 35 yards really

Bargain options please :)

Thanks!

Author:  ITGUY [ Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Slightly Better Scope for Daisy 953 ?

The Simmons .22 MAG AO line might be what you are looking for. NOTE: ONLY the adjustable objective models are airgun rated.

I have 2 of these in 3x9 and for a budget scope am VERY happy with them. The included rings are junk mind you.

Simmons .22 Mag Rimfire Riflescopes
• TrueZero adjustment system for aiming accuracy
• Quick Target Acquisition for fast focus
• Same 1" tubes as big-bore scopes
• Expanded eyebox
• Fully coated optics

These Simmons .22 Mag Series Riflescopes are built just like their big-bore counterparts with 1" tubes, fully coated lens and 1/4-MOA click adjustments. Reliable and rugged, there is a Simmons scope for just about any hunting application, and Simmons has redesigned all the scopes in this series. From rimfire to high caliber rifles, shotguns and pistols, Simmons has a scope to fit your needs. Each scope features TrueZero Flex Erector System for a non-shifting point-of-aim at all magnifications and adjustment settings. The Quick Target Acquisition (QTA) eyepiece is a fast-focus system with a constant 3-3/4" eye relief through all power ranges. That gives you faster, more reliable target acquisition through its optically superior expanded eyebox. TrueZero windage and elevation dials stay dead-on throughout the life of the scope with no deviation in click value throughout the full adjustment range. Each scope sports superior, high-transmission lens coatings. Calibrated parallax-free at 50 yards. 3/8" dovetail rings included with all .22 mag scopes.

*Adjustable Objective model is also rated for air rifle use.


http://www.cabelas.ca/product/24337/simmons-22-mag-rimfire-riflescopes

Author:  Plink-Panther [ Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Slightly Better Scope for Daisy 953 ?

Literally, I was seriously reading this page when I was notified of your reply :lol:

Thank-you, reading up on it :wink:

ITGUY wrote:
The Simmons .22 MAG AO line might be what you are looking for. NOTE: ONLY the adjustable objective models are airgun rated.

I have 2 of these in 3x9 and for a budget scope am VERY happy with them. The included rings are junk mind you.

Simmons .22 Mag Rimfire Riflescopes
• TrueZero adjustment system for aiming accuracy
• Quick Target Acquisition for fast focus
• Same 1" tubes as big-bore scopes
• Expanded eyebox
• Fully coated optics

These Simmons .22 Mag Series Riflescopes are built just like their big-bore counterparts with 1" tubes, fully coated lens and 1/4-MOA click adjustments. Reliable and rugged, there is a Simmons scope for just about any hunting application, and Simmons has redesigned all the scopes in this series. From rimfire to high caliber rifles, shotguns and pistols, Simmons has a scope to fit your needs. Each scope features TrueZero Flex Erector System for a non-shifting point-of-aim at all magnifications and adjustment settings. The Quick Target Acquisition (QTA) eyepiece is a fast-focus system with a constant 3-3/4" eye relief through all power ranges. That gives you faster, more reliable target acquisition through its optically superior expanded eyebox. TrueZero windage and elevation dials stay dead-on throughout the life of the scope with no deviation in click value throughout the full adjustment range. Each scope sports superior, high-transmission lens coatings. Calibrated parallax-free at 50 yards. 3/8" dovetail rings included with all .22 mag scopes.

*Adjustable Objective model is also rated for air rifle use.


http://www.cabelas.ca/product/24337/simmons-22-mag-rimfire-riflescopes

Author:  jckstrthmghty [ Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Slightly Better Scope for Daisy 953 ?

Leapers bug buster. IMO best budget value. $125 on amazon.ca. Just the reticle is a bit thicker than I'd like. For a bit more I love the Hawke Sport HD IR 2-7X32 AO.

Author:  Plink-Panther [ Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:48 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Slightly Better Scope for Daisy 953 ?

Unfortunately I see zero information if it can be adjusted to less than 10m, no info s to adjustable distances - can you help me here?

I need 7m/23ft

ITGUY wrote:
The Simmons .22 MAG AO line might be what you are looking for. NOTE: ONLY the adjustable objective models are airgun rated.

I have 2 of these in 3x9 and for a budget scope am VERY happy with them.
http://www.cabelas.ca/product/24337/simmons-22-mag-rimfire-riflescopes

Author:  ITGUY [ Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Slightly Better Scope for Daisy 953 ?

The lowest setting on mine is 10 yards, i just looked. The dial does turn a little past that though. Cabellas description of 50 yards is plain wrong.

Author:  ITGUY [ Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Slightly Better Scope for Daisy 953 ?

I also have the Bug Buster rev 2 with the thinner reticle. Another nice little budget scope, but it is short. Before I get piled on, yeah, yeah I know, scope length not relevant to optic quality, but it looks funny on a full size rifle OK? :)

Author:  jckstrthmghty [ Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Slightly Better Scope for Daisy 953 ?

ITGUY wrote:
I also have the Bug Buster rev 2 with the thinner reticle. Another nice little budget scope, but it is short. Before I get piled on, yeah, yeah I know, scope length not relevant to optic quality, but it looks funny on a full size rifle OK? :)



Leave the sun shade on?

Author:  Plink-Panther [ Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Slightly Better Scope for Daisy 953 ?

ITGUY wrote:
I also have the Bug Buster rev 2 with the thinner reticle. Another nice little budget scope, but it is short. Before I get piled on, yeah, yeah I know, scope length not relevant to optic quality, but it looks funny on a full size rifle OK? :)



:lol: yeah and just now I put on my Benji Legacy's 3-9x40 scope and now my 953 looks funny with a long scope (32cm) :roll: :o

but it works :roll:

I would be grateful if you would be able to see if the Simmons works under 10 yrds reasonably please, if you get time.

Als, I see no info as for the Simmons length - if you are able to help me there please....

Meanwhile I will use my CenterPoint sniping scope :shock: :lol:

Author:  PeterG [ Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Slightly Better Scope for Daisy 953 ?

Indoors (and sometimes outdoors) I use the cheap scopes included with a lot of break-barrels.

All of mine have an adjustable AO if you remove the outer trim ring from the objective lens, and turn the adjustment ring inside. (The one with two notches on opposite sides of the ring.)

They work just fine and I shoot indoors at 10 yards.

Peter :D

Author:  Ace [ Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Slightly Better Scope for Daisy 953 ?

if your having trouble viewing things a bit closer in focus, if im not mistaken you can adjust the rear eye peace
by loosening the small ring then adjust it to your preference...that scope is the closest your going to get to a bug buster
minus the price... :wink:

Author:  bobtodrick [ Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Slightly Better Scope for Daisy 953 ?

No one's mentioned, but be prepared.
The 953 is really meant to be a short range (10m) trainer.
I have the 853 and have tried it at 50yds.
Be prepared for lots of drop and big groups if shooting outdoors. Even a <5mph gust will throw the pellet inches off your aiming point.

Author:  Plink-Panther [ Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Slightly Better Scope for Daisy 953 ?

bobtodrick wrote:
No one's mentioned, but be prepared.
The 953 is really meant to be a short range (10m) trainer.
I have the 853 and have tried it at 50yds.
Be prepared for lots of drop and big groups if shooting outdoors. Even a <5mph gust will throw the pellet inches off your aiming point.


No argument here - I just find it more fun being outside at longer distances instead of indoor 7m... :)

Author:  Plink-Panther [ Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Slightly Better Scope for Daisy 953 ?

Thanks Ace, I did that last night and was helpful. I love the size of the one I got from you but toying with a variable magnification model. The FM scope has clean optics yes and I did notice I don't have to wrench my neck because the eye-relief is quite reasonable vs my other two.


Ace wrote:
if your having trouble viewing things a bit closer in focus, if im not mistaken you can adjust the rear eye peace
by loosening the small ring then adjust it to your preference...that scope is the closest your going to get to a bug buster
minus the price... :wink:

Author:  Ace [ Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Slightly Better Scope for Daisy 953 ?

Plink-Panther wrote:
bobtodrick wrote:
No one's mentioned, but be prepared.
The 953 is really meant to be a short range (10m) trainer.
I have the 853 and have tried it at 50yds.
Be prepared for lots of drop and big groups if shooting outdoors. Even a <5mph gust will throw the pellet inches off your aiming point.


No argument here - I just find it more fun being outside at longer distances instead of indoor 7m... :)

lol...my bad i thought you were having trouble focusing close....
as mentioned above and like i told you after 50ft out you will be compensating due to lack of FPS for distance.... :wink:
953 is a more a close range target rifle as apposed to an FT rifle that are shooting around the 870fps range... :wink:

Page 1 of 4 All times are UTC - 5 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/