Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: QB78D accuracy test
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:38 pm 

Hello everybody,
I just received my QB78D .177 caliber from Canadian airgun Forum Store and I put a Bushnell Banner 4-12x40 AO scope on it. No other modifications. The rifle is out of the box.
I ordered an AR 2078 .22 caliber barrel and bolt from Eric (Scopes and ammo) because I wanted a 22 cal. Rifle. My barrel will arrive on monday – 23th. so I tried the accuracy of my rifle as is.
All shooting was done at 10 meters 5 shots, inside of my home from a rest.
The accuracy is ....exeptional... Is it a match grade accuracy? It is a difficult question. I think the answer is in consistency – I don't know if the rifle will have the same accuracy tomorrow and if it will have the same repetability and consistancy but for a 145$ rifle with a sporter stock ... well I'm impressed!

Best regards
Borislav

Post subject: Re: QB78D accuracy test
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:46 pm 

Two more targets and the rifle:

Borislav

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:59 pm 

Exceptional is a proper description for this rifle, yes. Mine also loves H&N pellets but your rugged hole is really something. What speed is the QB shoot at?

What do you plan to do with your .177 barrel once the new one arrives? If you have no use for it I'd be interested in it as I wouldn't mind swapping my .22 QB78D for .177. I just prefer .177

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:53 pm 
Site Moderator

Great shooting rifle. Now I'm even more tempted to get one. Thanks for posting!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:45 am 

Thanks TCooper,
hope you will find a perfect one.

Joolz, thanks, I will keep that barrel. Before this test I was thinking to buy A Lothar Walther match barrel for this rifle and I even asked my gunsmith to fit it. He can do the job very precisely.
Now this is a great barrel and I will wait to see how the .22 cal. barrel will perform.
I have a Feinverkbau 300S and a Feinverkbau 124, so I have .177 cal accurate rifles.
I need accurate 22. If the new barrel is not good - I will buy a Lother Walther.
We will see. The new barrel will come Monday and I will test it and post the results.

Best regards
Borislav

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:56 pm 

I received the .22 barrel and just finished the test. There is nothing exiting today - all targets are the same 0.7" - 0.9" c-t-c.
I tried four different pellets JSB Exact, Beeman Match, RWS Hobby and RWS super pointed extra. I will try some more but I think I have to start looking for a Lothar Walther barrel in .22 caliber for my QB78D.
My first barrel .177 was completely different shooter - I had feeling I'm shooting my 300S...
So now the question is - where to find Lothar Walther barrel blank and who can machine it to fit the rifle.

Best regards
Borislav