Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:44 pm 

Hi , I'm waiting for my condor to show up from ssso. I'm doing a lot of reading on regulators and the oping behind the tophat that seems to be giving similar but not exact same results. I don't want to shoot above 30 fpe, I'm thinking 850 fps with 18 grain will give me good power and a great shot count. There is also a adjustable super hat from air guns of Texas that does similar in regards to dropping the power and getting a better shot count. I did some searching on here and a bit of reading I'm just curious as to what you guys thing is the better way to go?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:48 pm 

I used the o-ring not because it is the best but because it was easy to do and after installing, the results were what I wanted so I never tried anything else. The system you mentioned with the replaceable ports also sounds like an option.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:14 pm 

I went with the micrometer tank option. It was expensive but now I have two tanks and can swap them out in minutes. No other modifications were necessary. The micrometer gives me shots averaging 568fps with 25gr jsb pellets. Something to consider.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:28 am 

Don't know anything about the mods you're discussing, but I do have a question: An AF Condor shooting <700 fps in .25 cal; is that a good thing for any reason? Regulator I understand, but I sure didn't spend the money on a Condor for mediocre (to say the least) performance. The only mod I'd love to have on mine is that gorgeous shroud Whitewolf has for sale. Now, a Condor regulated to 850 x .25 with twice the hot shots, I'd be interested. Otherwise, I don't see how the Condor could be the right rifle for you. But then again, Very few people are me. :)

Enlighten me, please. :?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:07 am 

For me the micro tank allows me to shoot the condor indoors at shorter ranges when I can't get out to shoot at greater distances or if I just don't have time to travel somewhere. Trigger time is still trigger time. It also allows for a huge number of shots per fill, I'm guessing over 100, but have not done an official count yet.
Then, when I can get out to stretch its legs and shoot at its full potential I put the high flow tank back on and let it do what it was made to do. Best of both worlds, no mods needed.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:54 pm 

Now I understand :D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:48 pm 

How many shots at what velocity would you get with the power wheel at the lowest setting?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:55 pm 

The 568fps is at the lowest power setting.
I'll have to take an afternoon and count a full shot set and get back to you. I really wouldn't be surprised if I get in the range of 80-90 shots.