Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:46 pm 

So I decided last summer that I was going to save some money from target shooting with .22's and rifles and start using an airgun ( "an" as in one ). Haven't used an airgun in 40 years. So I went to my local gunshop and bought a used B-28. Then I started lurking here trying to learn what I could expect from it. After talking to a fellow shooter, he put me in touch with the Hatsan warranty gunsmith not too far from Kingston. So I ended up with a Hatsan 85 in .177. Then I read here that Princess auto had the Crosman 1322 on sale with the stock. Well a .22 to go with my B-28. So then in the Canadian Tire flyer this week, they have the Crosman 1377 on sale. Well a .177 pistol to go with my .177 Hatsan. And I think a 2240 would be nice and a......, and a....Does it ever end?
So much for saving money from shooting .22"s

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:51 pm 

We've all been there my friend Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:24 pm 

Crosshair54 wrote:
Does it ever end?

Nope - once you're infected with the bug - there is NO known cure!

:shock:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:59 pm 

Don't do like I did...... :wink:

Attachments:
Christmas tree.jpg
Christmas tree.jpg [ 37.73 KiB | Viewed 1520 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:28 pm 

Crosshair54 wrote:
So I decided last summer that I was going to save some money from target shooting with .22's and rifles and start using an airgun ( "an" as in one ). Haven't used an airgun in 40 years. So I went to my local gunshop and bought a used B-28. Then I started lurking here trying to learn what I could expect from it. After talking to a fellow shooter, he put me in touch with the Hatsan warranty gunsmith not too far from Kingston. So I ended up with a Hatsan 85 in .177. Then I read here that Princess auto had the Crosman 1322 on sale with the stock. Well a .22 to go with my B-28. So then in the Canadian Tire flyer this week, they have the Crosman 1377 on sale. Well a .177 pistol to go with my .177 Hatsan. And I think a 2240 would be nice and a......, and a....Does it ever end?
So much for saving money from shooting .22"s

Dam that sounds familiar. No room to shoot the Ruger 10/22, now no room to store my springers.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:15 am 

I got out my 30 year old springers out last spring and decided to get back into shooting and like so many others on here a trip to the gun shop had me buying a nitro piston and then another Springer and then another until I had a gun cabnet full but it didn't stop there, no, I just had to have a PCP and then another and now I'm looking at another. Where does it end. Now I'm working on filling that second gun cabinet. I think I'm hooked.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:08 am 

wllm995 wrote:
Crosshair54 wrote:
Does it ever end?

Nope - once you're infected with the bug - there is NO known cure!

Naked ladies distracts me... but not for long.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:13 am 

The way I handle this is when big repair job,such as replacing our 330 ft deep well pump burns out me and my son pull and replace it, thus saving a substantial sum. And as money is usually scarce I then approach Mrs B with the argument that since we saved all that money by doing the job ourselves I should be allowed to spend some on a new gun. She finds that impossible to refute that logic, so... Hello, Benjamin Maximus my next repeating breech conversion.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:30 am 

Tricks I've used
- Drive an older (payed off) car = $
- Bring lunch to work = $

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:21 am 

I don't bother telling my wife about my new gun purchases anymore. To her they all look the same anyways.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:06 pm 

I just told her - "those don't count, they're only pellet guns".

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:10 pm 

I'm glad everyone seems to have the same problem.. Payday rolls around and it's time to start shopping! I always need just /1/ more gun.. that's what I keep telling myself.. 14 airguns later and I think I'm starting to realize I have a problem.. Too many guns, not enough time to shoot them all hahaha. Some are just collectors pieces or guns I bought because "the price was right" or maybe just an excuse I use to justify them to myself. The next gun on the list is the benjamin wildfire.. looks like it's going to be a well priced little PCP, something to test the waters as far as the PCP world goes.. Then it's a crosman 2240.. Then... who knows.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:48 pm 

One of the things I do for a living is analyze data, often determining trends based on populations and statistics. I started out with 1 airgun in 2001, and that was it until I decided to take up gunrunning as a winter sport in 2010. I bought a Benjamin Classic, then a Winchester 500XS (Hatsan 35S); before long I had half a dozen air rifles. Then I needed a HW97K just to see what was me and what was gun when it came to making one hole in the target if you know whatI mean... then from there more rifles were added, etc etc.After about 3 years I made a plot of number of rifles Vs time collecting and it was a good exponential function... predicting that I would have over 50 in a years' time. I laughed! Couldn't be true... ridiculous! Well....it was true. Since then I have been able to exercise restraint and have sold off most of them. But there is always that lingering desire to get another one. And all it will take is one. :drinkers:

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:29 am 

The thing is you're telling yourself you need this one, that one and maybe that other one if you have some money left. So over time you end buying all 3 and maybe a 4th one because it was an amazing deal but during that time you discovered something new! Maybe you didn't know about it or maybe it just came out but you need that one too! So you put money away for it, slowly because it's no rush, it's the last one but then this amazing deal comes up and you just can't miss it!!! So you get it and the one you wanted well they just came out with the same one but prettier but it's only a limited run so you gotta act fast and have you seen that new replica? It looks like fun, just like old western movies so you buy that one too but what is this, now they're making a longer barrel one Ooooh and that Remington looks nice too!

No mather how much you try there will always be another one.

Oh and you should get that 2240 it's the bench mark and the mustang of the airgun world, there's a world of modifications available for that gun but it's also a great gun if you leave it stock.
Almost forgot about the P17, no airgunner should go without one. It should come with the membership here. They should charge a membership fee and give a free airgun with it. It's the best accuracy per dollar available period. There is nothing close to it in that price range.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:16 pm 

DocGadget wrote:
Almost forgot about the P17, no airgunner should go without one. It should come with the membership here. They should charge a membership fee and give a free airgun with it.

Count me in