Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:57 pm 

So I sold my HW45 last year. And I won't lie; the day after I had regrets. I figured it was just a temporary feeling, like when you throw something out that you were unsure of and you feel guilty/undecided for a while.

However it was not a temporary feeling and I waited almost a year, thinking about it fairly regularly. Now I find myself wanting to re-buy the same gun I sold and feeling plenty stupid about it.

You ever done it? If so, what gun was it?

- For the challenge: Weihrauch HW45 Black Star Pistol (.22 cal)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:33 pm 

Meh, just buy it if you want to. Nobody is going to know, and even if they did, it's not something to be embarrassed about. :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:51 pm 

Yep,

Diana 21 .177 - can't figure out for the life of me why I sold it in the first place. :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:07 pm 

Sold my Beeman(San Rafael) P1(HW45) that I bought while I was on a trip stateside back in the mid 80's , to a fellow gunny. :hsmash
I was lucky enough to buy it back 5 years later. :-D
It still shoots fast(how fast I am not going to say) on the original spring and seal (20,000 + shots)
A couple years ago I found a brand new spring and seal kit,still in the plastic bags that I had ordered in for the pistol direct from Beeman back in the 80's.
I don't anticipate putting in the spring/seal kit for a while yet.

P.S. I wish I had bought the carbine stock for it at the same time.
I did get the custom finger groove grips.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:02 pm 

I sold and bought back my Slavia 630 twice!

Now I have 2!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:46 pm 

A few times actually.
I sold my FAS609 and regretted selling it the moment I received the money transfer... it made me realise it was leaving forever. It was a great deal when I bought it and I needed money so it had to go. I wouldn't buy another one and didn't use it much but I still miss it and kinda regret selling it.

I got a Marksman as a kid, it was the first air gun that was MINE!! It was called the Olympian or Biathlon or some other catchy name. In my head it was crazy accurate so I bought a second one when I got older... what a deception, I don't know where it is, I might have sold it or maybe it's somewhere in the basement. Don't know, don't care, it's a piece of poop.

I got a 2289 and got tired of pumping it so I sold it... man did I regret that one! So I bought another one just before they started getting a bit rare and then I found one as a demo they were liquidating in a Canadian Tire, it was missing the front sights so I got the manager to lower the price even more! I then I got another one... and another one LOL I get everyone I get my hands on. I gave one and traded another one so now I "only" have two left. It's the only multi-pump I have.
I have bought many multi-pump rifles and I sell them everytime because I hate pumping 8 times to shoot once, and then I buy another one and I hate it so I sell it again... I keep on buying them because I think, this one will be different but I still hate it.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:03 pm 

When I first got a DEM; I thought that it was way too big to hold comfortably - so I sold it shortly thereafter...

A few years later; I tried a friend's - and it felt much better in my hands - so I bought another one. That one I had to sell when funds were short and I miss is still... :(

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:37 pm 

Well I'm glad it's not just me.

The new HW45 black star is on its way. This time, the gun is staying in my possession and my kids can have it if they ever get an interest. But only when I'm too old to use it or dead. And I'm sure with care it'll last that long too.

- For the challenge: Weihrauch HW45 Black Star Pistol (.22 cal)