Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:37 pm 

I saw my first Colt SAA Peacemaker at Cabella's new store in Ottawa last fall and was immediately stricken. I have never had so much fun shooting an air gun, and my new found interest soon led me to this site and a real eye opener on how the technology has improved from the days when I was a kid. I subsequently heard about the Walther Lever action and yesterday I made the trip to Peterborough to visit the store of Air Gun Source so that I could actually see & touch one of these guns. They are without a doubt one of the most beautiful air guns I have ever seen, but I could not commit to purchasing one as I just can't accept that the sole source of available power is only 88/90g CO2 cartridges. I cannot see me ever shooting 400+ rounds at a session and therefore most of the CO2 would be wasted and besides they are also much more expensive than 12g cartridges. If I could even find the Walther CO2 Adapter that is made for this gun, I would buy the gun in a heartbeat!

While I did not come home with the Walther Lever Action, I did come home with a silver Smith & Wesson 686 with both a 6" barrel & a 4" barrel and am quickly finding that it is also an awesome revolver. Shoots harder than my Colt, is more accurate with adjustable sights, and is also a lot of fun to shoot - maybe just not quite as much piazza as the Colt - LOL.

Also came home with a good supply of RWS pellets which should last me for a while. Very enjoyable dealing with Travis at Air Gun Source, and I can therefore see me making future trips to Peterborough.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:47 pm 

Erie-Eyes wrote:
They are without a doubt one of the most beautiful air guns I have ever seen, but I could not commit to purchasing one as I just can't accept that the sole source of available power is only 88/90g CO2 cartridges. I cannot see me ever shooting 400+ rounds at a session and therefore most of the CO2 would be wasted and besides they are also much more expensive than 12g cartridges.

topic71693.html

:wink:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:29 pm 

More Pistols!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:46 pm 

You could buy one of these off AliExpress or eBay, pretty cheap and then you can use the 12g cartridges.
Attachment:
Screenshot_2017-03-09-18-43-21.png
Screenshot_2017-03-09-18-43-21.png [ 137.51 KiB | Viewed 844 times ]
Attachment:
Screenshot_2017-03-09-18-44-15.png
Screenshot_2017-03-09-18-44-15.png [ 227.37 KiB | Viewed 844 times ]

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk