Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:42 am 

Just bought two front grip handles from eBay last night. Due to the time zone difference it's day time in China then. I submitted orders around 10:30pm, before I go to sleep and still reading books on my cellphone around 12am, I received item shipped notifications from both of the sellers almost at the same time!

It's unbelievable that they just used less than 2 hours to finish processing my order included checking, packing , submitting electric paperwork....

And see our Canadian and neighbour US vendors, don't think about they can finish this in less that two days (just ship the item out ,not include the following transit time)...

The only pity is too far away from China to here , the item may take about 3 weeks to arrive... I heard that the logistics has been developed so nice in China, the same case in China, maybe I can have the handles delivered in same day with very cheap or even price included shipping...

Sent from my LG mobile

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:11 am 

I have bought many small items from Ebay China/Hong Kong sellers over the years. In the past year or so delivery times average 5-6 weeks so patience is needed.The sellers delivery time to Canada may be accurate but slow processing to you by Canada Post.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:17 am 

ten-ring wrote:
I have bought many small items from Ebay China/Hong Kong sellers over the years. In the past year or so delivery times average 5-6 weeks so patience is needed.The sellers delivery time to Canada may be accurate but slow processing to you by Canada Post.

Yeah agreed ! In some cases I can track the item by myself, usually less than one week, the item had been left China / HK (usually 3, 4 days only). Then it's un-trackable until it arrived your home... and these following transit days out of China is 3 to 4 weeks...

Sent from my LG mobile

~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:46 am 
Supporting Member 2009

To be fair, some of the vendors of airgun parts and accessories in North America do it on a part time basis, most have other jobs. It's not fair to expect the same from our small business' as vendors from China.

Most ebay stores from China are set up like drop shipping, most don't have the items in their house, they are just vendors. They make the sale, then a central warehouse, likely employed by many, many people, making low wages, fills and ships the orders. Have you ever wondered why there are so many listings for identical items? I think if you look at the addresses of where items are shipped from, there are only a few addresses.

In China the shipping is subsidized by the government to promote exports. In Canada it is the opposite, Canada Post isn't so friendly. There is no way a Canadian vendor could ship small items for free, they would be out of business fast. It costs about $15 to ship a spring in the same province. How much did you pay for the grips with shipping included? Don't even get me started on taxes, duties, tariffs and all the other stuff our vendors have to deal with. I don't even know too much about that, other than I wouldn't want to deal with it.

We should be grateful for the vendors that put in their time, invest their money so we can have access to items we otherwise wouldn't.

Shipping as ten-ring has mentioned has been very slow for a while. I have waited 8 weeks, or more. Though there has been an improvement lately, don't hold your breath on getting them by Christmas, but you could get lucky.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:51 am 

With black Friday coming and Xmas. Is around the time, I stop buying from china or the states. Due to greater risk of being loss.

Yeah if you look at CSS, D&L, Scopes and Ammo. Airguns are a second business for them.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:07 am 

d&l is a second business? Pretty good service for a part time gig.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:21 am 
Site Moderator

I have ordered several slingshots from China. Shipping time was as fast as 3 weeks and as slow as 5 weeks. Shipping was free. I was told that it's faster when you opt for a fully trackable shipping, if the seller offers that option.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:45 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

I have had slingshots returned to sender because they were labelled "High Power". Told them to resend without that label, they came no problems. That was a few years ago.

I also find items with tracking numbers arrive faster. Also, if the price is way lower than any other seller, it likely won't arrive. Thankfully eBay has a great protection policy. I have noticed the last few items I ordered are all shipped with a service called Winit, all items are tracked. Hopefully things improve. I have a feeling that the sellers complained that too many things were getting refunded due to long shipping times. After 60 days I ask for a refund, to me over 2 months is unacceptable.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:15 pm 

Chinese vendor have automatic shipping replies. Unfortunately they take a couple weeks for things to get picked up. Consider yourself lucky if they are received by Christmas. Unless epacket it comes over by slowboat. May even be paddled over in a canoe. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:23 pm 

A few China ebay sellers may show a small ship charge which , in my experience, has been faster delivery because it is sent as Epacket. I assume this mode is processed faster from there and on arrival in Canada.

I have requested and received refund on items that did not show up after several weeks but when it did arrive, I contacted seller to re-invoice me so that I can pay back. This is fair as the sellers from Asia are at the mercy of the international delivery process. I suspect that many buyers insist on refund knowing that they will eventually get the item so they get it free as a result.Some sellers will email pleading with you to wait longer than their expected delivery time. As I said , often the slow up is from CP .

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:31 pm 

That's about the same time frame I have found when ordering from China. Processing is very fast, a quick email back saying your parcel has been shipped with a tracking number. Then you can sit back and...well track your parcel...LOL :D
When ordering numerous items from one vendor, sometimes it comes in one parcel together somethings not. Thus confirming they don't have items in their "store front" and may use different warehouses to complete your order.
Some orders can say ETA 32-56 days !!! That's a long long time! I have found while watching the tracking process. It's not on their end that takes up most of the time.
I'd say 90% of all parcel I have ordered from overseas arrive in Canada within 14 days the rest of the time it is stuck at the border waiting to be processed.
"Parcel Status Arrived in destination country; awaiting customs clearance"
You do the math and see where the problem lies... Image
But I know this and I'm fully aware it will take a very long time to reach my door step. I'm okay with that...
So if you need an item quickly, don't mind paying full MSRP for an item, support your local shops.
Or order from the States and deal with shipping cost, taxes, duties, and the oh so loved brokerages fees.

And this has nothing to do with most item bought from China are cheap inferior knockoffs.
That's for another thread (you get what you pay for)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:14 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

HuskyDude wrote:
And this has nothing to do with most item bought from China are cheap inferior knockoffs.
That's for another thread (you get what you pay for)

That's not necessarily the case all the time. Most products are made in China these days. Some items are almost identical, without the brand name on it. Often products sold here are same product sold from China, just with their name put on it, and nicer packaging. There are still knockoffs, but they are pretty good at reverse engineering things these days. Sometimes it is hard to tell the difference.
I call it old China vs. new China. I went to an older dollar store with old stock to get a tire pressure gauge one day. By the time I got back to my truck, it had fallen apart, an example of old China. Go into a newer chain dollar store and you can get a nice digital pressure gauge for $3, that is the new China. They have figured out we are suckers for a good deal. If they make a decent product, we will keep buying more and more, even if we don't need the stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:29 pm 

Okay maybe Cheap Inferior Knockoffs. was a bit harsh...didn't really mean it in a negative way more of just a fact.

How about Inexpensive Reproductions Image

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:40 pm 

In the last several months I have ordered 3-4 small items on eBay from various HK or Chinese vendors and always with free shipping. These items took 6-8 weeks to arrive but I expect that from them. Having worked in the mail order/logistics business for a few years I am aware of mail protocols and never ever order an item if it's being shipped by a company like UPS or FedX.
Canada Post doesn't charge "brokerage fees" to pass an item through customs. So called courier companies do that. By the same token I have mailed a couple of parcels to the USA through Canada Post and they always reached their destination in perfect condition (usually within 7- 10 days) and I payed the least amount possible due to packing my items properly. The person receiving the parcel didn't have to pay any extra fees either. For example to ship a parcel to Texas under 500 grams cost me about $7. I'd say that's a good deal.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:30 am 

Yeah, UPS sucks so I try my best to avoid buying fron PA (not Princess Auto, I know you know what I mean..) now.

And CP is good. Sometimes the slow (I won't say delay, right?) is just the normal processing time. At least usually it won't give you odd troubles...

Buying fron eBay, ship from the east is a cheap way to get your parts... but don't buy the expensive things. Usually I will give me below 20 bucks (total final price) deals to those vendors. After the wait time ,you might have your surprise on the good value and good quality things. And those stuffs usually is not the fragile stuff and even it lost, it won't bring you a week of bad mood...

But eBay's complaining process sometimes has issue with this type of long waiting time shipments... once I didn't get an item and found it's actually out of the complaining time frame already (I forgot I ordered that item....) but finally it arrived after extra long 'shipping' time. It must be left behind in some corner for a long time ...

Sent from my LG mobile

~Target~