Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Umarex XBG extra mags
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:59 am 

I just purchased a Umarex XBG CO2 pistol online. (haven't recieved it yet) But I'd like to also purchase extra magazines for it. Does anyone know where and what type of magazines this pistol takes? I have searched high and low. Alittle help would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:04 am 

check here http://www.umarexusa.com/

Crosman 2240 stubby
Crosman 116
Crosman Vigilante
Crosman shiloh
Daisy 1140
Beeman p17
ruger mark 1
hatsan supercharger 25 in .22
Crosman 2260
Crosman AS2250
Winchester M14

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:50 am 

Hi.....I bought a XBG for a basement plinker....great gun for $30, and you have to love the metal clip! The XBG uses the same magazine as the Beretta Elite II, Crosman C11 and the S&W MP. Heres some links....they sell them at AirGun Source, 2 for $19.99 and at Scopes and Ammo for $13.99.

http://www.airgunsource.com/store/index ... 3517&c=137

http://scopesandammo.com/storefront/pro ... ines-p-334

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:48 am 

Thanks for the info. Why does the shipping from scopesandammo seem so expensive? Perth is like maybe 2 hours away from me. I just bought a scope that came from Richmond BC and it cost $19 to ship.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:01 pm 

I can't comment on shipping but I've dealt with both suppliers online and they've both been great.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:54 pm 

brzrider wrote:

I bought 2 spare clips for my XBG, crossman brand(c11 comaptible) and at the smallest shake they felt off my pistol. Not good, need to send them back

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:54 pm 

I recently bought the XBG pistol...its a great gun for the money but the clip is definitely the weak point in this gun. The little tab at the top is flimsy, moves or wears incredibly fast in my opinion. A couple days of shooting and the clip is so worn that it wont hold the bb's inside. Maybe I just got a poor clip. Seems $10 for each clip plus the cost of shipping is quite hefty for a gun that retails for $35. Still the gun itself shoots, looks and feels good. I am going to order a couple new ones. Thanks for the links and info.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:22 am 

Old thread, but for the searches.

The C11 and XBG magazines are not fully interchangeable. (although can be made to work) If you want spare clips for an XBG, you want the ones marked for XBG and Beretta Elite II. There is an issue with the C11 ones not locking in properly.

I bought a 2 pack of extra mags from Cabellas in Regina, in stock, for about $20. They are steel like the original mag, but seem to be of a lot higher quality than the one that came with the XBG. The supplied mag doesn't want to stay locked down for BB loading and the little stopper at the top doesn't do a very good job and I get more jams (stops firing, drop the mag and 2 BB fall out) with the original mag than the 2 spares. The spares from Cabellas always stay locked down for loading, and almost never have issues double feeding BB's.

XBG itself is a great piece. It holds a lot of ammo for a pistol and it's very C02 efficient.