Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:41 pm 

So, I’ve got $600 to spend no more, all in. Looking for a rifle. It could be a spring gun, pcp, or pneumatic (no co2). I already have a scope and mount so iron sights or no sights works either way.

Ideally it will be used in the basement at 35ft, and the backyard (no neighbors so pal rated is ok) So adjustable power would be a bonus as I don’t want to shoot a magnum in my basement. No hunting, just plinking, paper targets.

Ideas? Please... I know if I stretched the budget I could get that super duper gun just out of my reach but I’m not spending more than $600 this time around. $601 maybe, $602 no way - boss has spoken.

Thanks in advance for your ideas gents!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:53 pm 

considering what is in your sig, I would put the money away until you get another $600 and buy something like a fx streamline. accurate, effecient, light, power wheel. A new optic perhaps.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:31 am 

Looks like you already have some pretty great guns, so what is your biggest wants in it? I'm guessing if you are going to spend $600 but will only be target shooting you are mainly looking for accuracy.
The Umarex Gauntlet is getting pretty good reviews in the US, and is supposed to be released in April in Canada if you are willing to wait that long. It is a good target style gun that gets tons of shots and is being reported in most cases to be really accurate.
I've got a lightweight pcp in 177 that I'm going to be selling that gets around 30 good shots on a fill and is very quiet, shooting around 900fps with 7.4gr pellets.
I'm just waiting for some jsb pellets to come on the mail to check accuracy at longer ranges before I sell it. Don't want to give someone a lemon, lol.
Here is a picture. It'll be in the $200 range.
Multishot with 9 shot magazine and single shot tray. Not a fancy gun like your air arms so you might not be interested at all. [emoji846] Fairly easy to adjust power anyway, just one bolt to take off the stock and another to swap out the hammer spring for a lighter one for indoor shooting. I can even throw in the lighter spring for swapping [emoji4]
Anyway another option. Lots of options at that price, depending what you want. Looks like you have pcp guns already so you won't need to buy fill equipment anyway, if you go the pcp route! ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:02 am 

Thanks guys...

I’d love to hang onto the money and add to the pot down the road but I suspect this is my opportunity and if I don’t seize it, that money will end up going to something else not so fun if you know what I mean.

Wesb2007 what is that gun? Looks kinda like a Crosman 1701p pistol with some alterations, but I don’t think that’s it.. could be an option for me.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:22 am 

wesb2007 wrote:
The Umarex Gauntlet is getting pretty good reviews in the US, and is supposed to be released in April in Canada if you are willing to wait that long. It is a good target style gun that gets tons of shots and is being reported in most cases to be really accurate.

Good choice !!!! Image
Pretty sure this will just fall into your budget too. Might be hard to fine a regulated rifle for under your budget.
Definitely worth the wait IMHO.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:53 am 

"Wesb2007 what is that gun? Looks kinda like a Crosman 1701p pistol with some alterations, but I don’t think that’s it.. could be an option for me."

It's a Varmint and CP2 crossbreed Lego gun, lol, one I built myself from parts.
Basically the Varmint with the synthetic stock of the CP2. Very light weight and amazingly quiet! I've done a bstaley oring mod for efficiency and with the 3000psi fill pressure it takes hardly any air to get those 7.4gr to 900fps [emoji846]. I sent you a pm if you are interested.
Here is a picture of the original Varmint/Pr900w, unfortunately not available yet in Canada, but probably will also eventually be available under the name of the Diana Storm Rider
(oops posted the wrong pic! Here is the right one)

Attachments:
cr600w-scope-5625129188d5c.jpg
cr600w-scope-5625129188d5c.jpg [ 14.41 KiB | Viewed 1234 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:57 pm 

Unless you already have a PCP, for your budget, I don't think I'd go there... the pump or tank would eat too much of your rifle $$

My vote would go toward
Diana 430

Daisy Avanti

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:07 pm 

I’ve got several pcp guns already so no need to cut into the budget with filling equipment. Not bad suggestions...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:43 pm 

Nice looking guns Mike! I see Dlairgun has a few different Avanti, where could a guy get one of those Diana's?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:51 pm 

Lol I still got the wrong picture in my post. That one is the co2 version. Here is the pcp:Image

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:03 pm 

Oups, should have read your sig lines!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:34 pm 

Airgunsource and DL Airgun 'should' have the Diana

-

And I know you said you didn't want to go over budget... but you're just a few $20 bills away from a Air Arms TX200 :bear:

Which is the airgun to beat in FT Spring-Piston

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:23 pm 

sillymike wrote:
And I know you said you didn't want to go over budget... but you're just a few $20 bills away from a Air Arms TX200 :bear:

according to his sig he has a TX200 ...
i see you also have some HW's
but here is a good deal on an HW97 if you haven't seen it ....topic77430.html

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:37 pm 

Ace wrote:
according to his sig he has a TX200 ...
i see you also have some HW's
but here is a good deal on an HW97 if you haven't seen it ....topic77430.html

I second that recommendation, HW97 is a really nice rifle often compared and contrasted with the TX200.
The 97 would be right at home in your gun cabinet and it's quite different than the 57.
:drinkers:

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:45 pm 

There is a Hw97 synthetic in the for sale section that the seller says lives up to the accuracy reputation.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk