Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:38 am 

About two years ago I sold one of my pistols to a member here and when he received it he had a problem with it not holding air on the first stroke . He did post an extensive look at why it wouldn’t hold air unless he did a rapid first stroke . I’ve also read of this issue with other ,possibly one in the classifieds here. Long story short ,I repurchased the pistol from said member and this morning I decided to see what was up . What I found was actually a pretty simple fix and the pistol is working much better . The valve outlet / breech / barrel seal is removable with a 3mm Allen key and the o ring that hold air in the chamber is on the back side of the bushing as seen in the first pic . I also removed the poppet valve to check the fit. Once disassembled I noticed the oring was flattened where the poppet seals . And the oring was pretty stiff/ hard as a rock , the brass was also flattened with a slight burr. I removed the oring , removed a bit of brass material by going in small circles on a piece of 800 grit wet/dry Emory cloth. Replaced the oring with one from my ever growing stash of parts. Reassembled and it is now holding air on the first stroke regardless of pumping speed . Hope this help anyone with the same problem. Wish this whole scenario didn’t happen to a fellow member here ,but I’m glad I got a chance to fix what the problem was . Guess this one will be added to my collection once again .

Attachments:
DF2C2A55-6822-408D-A481-EE8BCA22BEBA.jpeg
DF2C2A55-6822-408D-A481-EE8BCA22BEBA.jpeg [ 59.2 KiB | Viewed 1072 times ]
CA9E4515-D496-4D99-AA96-B971CB0B91B4.jpeg
CA9E4515-D496-4D99-AA96-B971CB0B91B4.jpeg [ 359.73 KiB | Viewed 1072 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:11 pm 

Happy to hear that you were able to fix that faulty Alecto!

:)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:23 pm 

Me too Doug . It sure isn’t the most user / tuner friendly pistols . Now that it’s back to its full potential , I’m going to have to run it over the chrony to stay legal .

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:28 pm 

Hobbyman2007 wrote:
Me too Doug . It sure isn’t the most user / tuner friendly pistols . Now that it’s back to its full potential , I’m going to have to run it over the chrony to stay legal .

Good idea!

At least you are able to adjust the valve....

8)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:05 am 

Thanks for the post.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:48 am 

Nice post Hobbyman 2007. I have a .177 and .22 My .177 has those symptoms as well. Looks like a relatively straight forward fix.