Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:25 pm 

To start this off, this fellow has a good video about them - in .22.
Mine should be here Tuesday, if UPS delivery dates are to be believed.
I will be putting one of my D&L bought, 3-12x44mm etched reticle scopes on it for initial resting, or maybe a different scope?????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb6sRDGJq-Q

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:57 pm 

Congrats! Looks like a great gun [emoji846]

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:11 am 

Good Vid !!!
After Steve from Airgun Exploration & Advancement Channel got very emotional on YouTube about his channel being canceled. (his vid is now deleted)
I knew his video on the Gauntlet was true and sincere.Image
Here's his take on our new .22

Umarex Gauntlet .22 - FULL REVIEW

Hey 25yds/.25", 50 yds/.6"and 100yds/2" with a $300us rifle...not bad....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:57 am 

[quote="Daryl"]
Mine should be here Tuesday, if UPS delivery dates are to be believed./quote]

Arrr ~ I am waiting Mr. Postman to deliver my HW45 which says Tuesday ETA too!! Time is walking too slowly in waiting...... Tracking shows it arrived Scarborough distribution center on Saturday, can't wait to get in the warehouse to find my gun out.... [emoji379][emoji379][emoji379]

Sent from my LG cellphone

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:46 pm 

Tks HD - I watched that one before he deleted it. Good video.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:40 pm 

Watched video. Good looking gun. CHEERS!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:19 pm 

Arrived this morning, just a few minutes ago. I filled the bottle to 3,000psi and fired a shot using the single shot tray. You would never

mistake this rifle for a $1,000.00 rifle or $800.00 for that matter, however it is 'charming', feels like a real functional rifle and should work fine on field rats.

I'm looking forward to shooting it later this week. I feel I might have to open up the club house just to test it out. The single shot I fired (using the included SS ramp for loading)

into my bullet stop sounded quieter than my .22 Brocock. I assume that is due to the empty 'should' itself being ahead of the muzzle by 3.615" inches, plus the thickness of the

shroud's end-plug. I will note, here, that the box had been opened on the end, which I did not notice until the truck had left. I am going to e-mail UPS and tell them. I

suspect if the rifle had been a remchestwtbyuger, it may have been stolen. Instead the gun's box end inside, was stamped "Umarex Air Gun". the Rifle's box had not been removed

from the shipping box.

I may drill a couple holes in the shroud's end near the breech as-per normal for 'vented' shrouds. I think this rifle will benefit a support from the bottle to the shroud.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:46 pm 

Well- here it is. Bit of a messy background.

Attachments:
IMG_2007.JPG
IMG_2007.JPG [ 89.69 KiB | Viewed 1064 times ]
IMG_2005.JPG
IMG_2005.JPG [ 64.06 KiB | Viewed 1064 times ]
IMG_2004.JPG
IMG_2004.JPG [ 47.99 KiB | Viewed 1064 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:48 pm 

Action

I need some more room!

I was surprised with how tiny the tank is and yet over 60 shots. Quite incredible.

Attachments:
IMG_2008.JPG
IMG_2008.JPG [ 79.64 KiB | Viewed 1063 times ]
IMG_2006.JPG
IMG_2006.JPG [ 60.39 KiB | Viewed 1063 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:03 pm 

Daryl wrote:
I will note, here, that the box had been opened on the end, which I did not notice until the truck had left. I am going to e-mail UPS and tell them. I
suspect if the rifle had been a remchestwtbyuger, it may have been stolen. Instead the gun's box end inside, was stamped "Umarex Air Gun". the Rifle's box had not been removed from the shipping box.

Congrats my friend looks Awesome!!!!!!!!!
Figure tomorrow for me...
Just curious ... what is remchestwtbyuger
I wonder if the box was open from when GreatMarksManShip picked them up at the border in Fort Erie... Image
I check my box too tomorrow.

Ya know we should start a new thread in the "Equipment Reviews"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:13 pm 

Daryl wrote:
Arrived this morning, just a few minutes ago. I filled the bottle to 3,000psi and fired a shot using the single shot tray. You would never

mistake this rifle for a $1,000.00 rifle or $800.00 for that matter, however it is 'charming', feels like a real functional rifle and should work fine on field rats.

I'm looking forward to shooting it later this week. I feel I might have to open up the club house just to test it out. The single shot I fired (using the included SS ramp for loading)

into my bullet stop sounded quieter than my .22 Brocock. I assume that is due to the empty 'should' itself being ahead of the muzzle by 3.615" inches, plus the thickness of the

shroud's end-plug. I will note, here, that the box had been opened on the end, which I did not notice until the truck had left. I am going to e-mail UPS and tell them. I

suspect if the rifle had been a remchestwtbyuger, it may have been stolen. Instead the gun's box end inside, was stamped "Umarex Air Gun". the Rifle's box had not been removed

from the shipping box.

I may drill a couple holes in the shroud's end near the breech as-per normal for 'vented' shrouds. I think this rifle will benefit a support from the bottle to the shroud.

Maybe the box opening occurred when the person removed the baffles? EDIT: Missed the part where the rifle box hadn't been removed.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:18 pm 

Daryl wrote:
Well- here it is. Bit of a messy background.

Hey there,

Does the stock feel hollow? I can't wait for your thorough review. Thanks for sharing!

A.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:36 pm 

Thanks for sharing, looking forward to the shooting review! Interesting they left the shroud long, must be legal that way, which is cool

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:07 pm 

Yes- I am liking the long shroud too. Stock doesn't feel like a hollow shell - but perhaps, almost but not quite like a Blackline?

The gun's weight - just a sec- I'll weigh it on my scale - with my favourite Leapers Accushot 3-12X 30mm etched reticle MD with 1/2 mil dot slashes scope mounted, it weighs 10 pounds 6 ounces. Thus - it feels perfect for field rat shooting and with 64 shots between fills - WOW.

To answer an unasked question - had you held one of these before buying one - would you still buy one?

Yes- I would. You will not believe the size of this 'bottle' yet it delivers so many shots. I am thinking the larger bottle will indeed be fun & worth while for hunting vermin.

Just as a plinker - I'd likely say----yeah - it's fine, but a .177 might be a better choice. I picked up a few spare magazines from D&L. The are pretty cool. I might need a couple more just so I know when to re-fill the rifle. Run out of pellets, - refill the tank.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:16 pm 

Are they Mrod mags?

I, too, am waiting to hear more from you, Darl, after you've had a chance to shoot it.