Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:44 pm 

I have heard from others and read very good reviews of this pellet for awhile and somewhat tempted to try them although I have had great success with JSBs after much trial and error in the past.
So here is what I think I know about this Crosman Pellet (1250/box)
1. Need to order online in the GTA - Amazon.ca $45 plus tax -free ship, AirgunSource $30 plus tax plus ship
2. Canadian Tire and Princess auto carry many Crosman but not these.
3. More expensive than similiar JSB pellets and others which are priced at 500/tin
4. Need washing?

So why not more sources online or walk-in around Toronto?
Are there users on this forum that find they excel over the other brands?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:38 pm 

This is a good-performing pellet - I still have two boxes from back when they were $30/1200 (bought five on Amazon with free shipping). The only problem is in this packaging, the pellets tend to get thrown around in various levels of transportation. Because there is so much weight bouncing around, you tend to find a fair number of damaged pellets; you must inspect before loading. Because they are less than 8 gr., I consider them to be plinking pellets, but I certainly wouldn't discount them for small game, either.

I have never washed a pellet in my lifetime, so I don't know under what scenario you wash yours. These pellets are clean, and certainly not bulk "seconds."

Your experience with JSBs is highly unusual; Were you shooting them in rifles or pistols?

JM0cents
Cheers.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:53 am 

Pricing on pellets seems to be severely inflated at C/T. I vote with my wallet elsewhere.

It looks like Crosman has gone to new dies all across the board. Last few tins of crosman I've bought appear very clean. Nice sharp skirt edging.

I bought a 1250 box of the 10.5 gr F/T domes online, and these look like a new die as well.
To be honest, the 10.5 gr Premier Ultra Magnum domes from the tins shoot a shade tighter than these. I still have a bit of testing to do with the box domes- a lot of bores to try them in yet...

-D.S.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:07 am 

"Your experience with JSBs is highly unusual; Were you shooting them in rifles or pistols?"

Three different JSBs have been my pellet for years in rifle and pistol and outperform others I have experimented with but curious about these particular Crosmans as a brand I have not tried but based on their comparative cost and packaging not a good deal it seems.