Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:32 pm 

This isn’t a knock against the airgun vendors. I just can’t help but notice how much prices have increased in the last 2-3 years. Seems consistent across the board with all sellers. Some of the guns I bought not long ago have risen in price by anywhere from $200-$300. An S200 that used to be in the $600 range just two years ago is now $800. I paid $600 for an Alfa proj pistol not quite 4 years ago and that same gun now lists at $950. I guess that’s the way of the world but man, seems like the prices have climbed at a higher rate than general inflation rates.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:37 pm 

fishguy wrote:
This isn’t a knock against the airgun vendors. I just can’t help but notice how much prices have increased in the last 2-3 years. Seems consistent across the board with all sellers. Some of the guns I bought not long ago have risen in price by anywhere from $200-$300. An S200 that used to be in the $600 range just two years ago is now $800. I paid $600 for an Alfa proj pistol not quite 4 years ago and that same gun now lists at $950. I guess that’s the way of the world but man, seems like the prices have climbed at a higher rate than general inflation rates.

Low USD.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:22 pm 

Not just air guns powder burners also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:44 pm 

In the 1970s, I bought quality real steel pistols for $300-$500. Even Eaton's had a gun department as well as a few stand alone gun shops in the GTA. You could get an FAC ( now PAL) for just an interview plus a recommendation from the club you were a member of.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:24 pm 

it's the USD CAD exchange rate.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:41 am 

It's not just airguns that are getting so expensive, I used to do a lot of skeet and target shooting with my brother as a matter of fact my first 25 straight was done in reverse on the Olympic field at York Skeet club. My first skeet gun Browning Citori cost $369.00 new but prices of reloading components and shells got to be so expensive that I could no longer afford anything and eventually sold everything I had. :cry:
That seems to be the trend when ever people are short of cash the first things to go is their guns. I notice that the store I used to buy my reloading components from is gone as well.
The laws are making it so hard to own any type of firearm that law abiding people are losing interest in the sport. Plus there are a lot of people who think that if you do own a gun your a dangerous and evil person. So it looks like the old adage is coming true. " If you outlaw guns only that outlaws will have them."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:46 pm 

I'm thinking it's worse than exchange rates. I'm with Luwdmke, and go even further.

Young people are not shooting or hunting, (and there are statistically a LOT less of them now; the Government last summer announced that there are more seniors in Canada than young people under 16, and our birthrate is 1.6 children per couple, below replacement which is 2.7)

Get used to the fact that our hobby is disappearing, and the young people in this country have been told that guns aren't nice by the school system cupcakes. They believe this crap and are decidedly anti-gun. The majority of immigrants don't come from cultures where hunting is popular or even possible.

Remember those stories about gun confiscation being a part of any fascist/communist government? Won't happen here. The school system and birthrate have taken care of the problem . . . and seniors will be the villains because of the pension money we take. Look forward to being gassed in hospitals because we have a "low quality of life." A simple shot will be all that's required. And that from a hypodermic needle. Watch for a favourable press and government program towards euthanasia.

Think I'm kidding? I have three former students in med school, and medical ethics courses are now mandatory. All three have been exposed to the fluidity of morality that goes with acceptance of euthanasia et al. The Hippocratic Oath is no longer a factor.

Enjoy what you have now and let's go out with a bang. I won't be buying any new guns, myself. Then again, I don't need any! :lol: