Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:29 pm 

First off, I already know. I have 2 other Crosman, a Vigilante and a 1077 Rifle, so I was familiar with just how much plastic I was signing up for, but this is pretty unacceptable all around. Those other 2 are plastic, yes, but the build quality and function is totally acceptable for plinking guns. At very least it all lines up right.

I've yet to use this Comrade AK, as I just received it from Air Gun Source Canada, (Price was so inviting!) thought it would make a fun soup can killer.
https://www.airgunsource.ca/en/crosman- ... eater.html

Now I don't make a habit of looking down the barrel of any firearm, but since it was brand new, I was doing the primary examination as one does. The barrel is so far off center, there is no way this thing will fire at all where you sight it. I'm starting to wonder if the barrel is bent under all that plastic!? I hoping it's just a weird plastic outer to metal inner fitment issue. Honestly I'm not sure it will fire without catching the end of the outer faux barrel!?

It's brand new, but is it possible I can take it apart and center the barrel better?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:05 pm 

LOL ~ never checked my guns from this point ~

But i believe after you sight it in, it can still hit your pop can easily ~

I thought about this one while I got my MP5... But finally I paid higher for a better looking MP5 and it did so well and acted important as my first air gun I bought in my life ~

Sent from my LG cellphone

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:33 am 

YepYep wrote:
But i believe after you sight it in, it can still hit your pop can easily ~

There wouldn't be enough adjustment to comp for that bend that bad.

It almost like it's missing a bushing to steady the barrel. I would send it back.

https://www.crosman.com/fileuploader/do ... B1+EVP.pdf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:56 am 

Adjust it by hand... A good shooter no need to aim, sight etc... Just test shoot some rounds, and know the gun well then hit the targets ~ [emoji6]

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:06 am 

YepYep wrote:
Adjust it by hand... A good shooter no need to aim, sight etc... Just test shoot some rounds, and know the gun well then hit the targets ~ [emoji6]

Or return it. Nobody should have to accept a barrel that bent. I know I wouldn't. Only time one should have a foot hold off, is shooting at 20 KPH wind at 60m.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:37 pm 

So I contacted Crosman Canada / Gravel Agency

Quote:
Sent: July-10-18 12:20 PM
To: Gravel Agency Inc. / Agence Gravel Inc. <csr@gravelagency.com>
Subject: New Crosman Comrade AK Barrel alignment

I know these are obsolete on the site now, but I bought one last week from Air Gun Source. (I believe clearing old stock, so I can't return it) I have 2 other Crosman, Vigilante and a 1077, and I'm happy with them. But this Comrade has the worst barrel to outer "shell" alignment I have ever encountered.

I don't usually look down this side a firearm, but I was doing my first inspection of it and immediately noticed how off it is. Is it possible it's missing a barrel alignment shim? Can I still get parts like that shim or even the barrel if its bent? I've yet to use this, it's still new. Want to figure it out what's going on before I do.
5 Attachments

Quote:
Gravel Agency Inc. / Agence Gravel Inc. <csr@gravelagency.com>

Joe :

I suggest you call them about this problem, as the warranty center we would replace it but because we no longer have stock that will not be possible , Air Gun Source may be able to replace, we in turn would credit their account. We do not even attempt to repair firearms under 500 fps.

Best regards.

Gravel Agency Inc. / Agence Gravel Inc.
Customer Service Center • Centre de service à la clientèle

P.•T. 1.866.662.4869
TF.•SF. 1.866.662.4869
F. 418.682.3343

Gravel Agency Inc.• Agence Gravel Inc.
5175 John-Molson, Quebec, Qc, G1X 3X4, Canada

So after thinking about it for a second, I got it for $50 and the shipping was $25, so really shipping it back and shipping another one, is the price of another gun. Decided I had nothing to loose by trying to fix it, and hit the garage and whipped up a 2nd barrel shim that goes on the end of the the outer case, and just under the muzzle brake.

Put a rubber bushing in for proof of concept,

Then made one out of steel. It fixed the issue and centered the barrel enough for me to be happy with it. Got carried away and didn't take any pics until it was all back together. It was designed to be captured in the end of the clamshell, but I did use a touch of epoxy on the outside of the bushing and muzzle brake as extra insurance, being the barrel does move in and out.

Thanks for the help guys, and especially the PDF exploded diagram. :drinkers: :drinkers: