Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: HW springers
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:11 pm 

Anyone know where I can find a detailed comparison between the HW springers?

They just have too many models and in similar price tags ( from $600 to below a thousand), plus similar power ( if I only pick the non PAL version)... I believe they are all super accurate. Maybe different trigger group?

Which one will be the best for an entry level springer? Of course one can bring you 'fun' - we discussed this recently and found out fun factor is one major factor for buying certain air gun.... [emoji16]

Cheers ~

Sent from my LG cellphone

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

Post subject: Re: HW springers
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:27 pm 

Hi,
i am back from the "dead"...
Entry level HW springers IMO would be HW30s and HW50s. I believe the s models have the Record triggers otherwise its a non Record, still a good trigger but HW and Record trigger make a great team.
It's been a while for me, so I dont know who is selling "made for Canada" (non-PAL) HW rifles these days.
My 3rd springer was a HW and I learned a lot about springers from shooting it. My first two were Benjamin Classic and a Winchester 500s (Hatsan 35s), both with fake 2 stage triggers and capable of nickle spread at 10 yards after a good tune. The Winchester kicked like a mule and I could hit a soup can at 30 yards 7/10 times. I believed springer should be capable of better, so I got the best HW money could buy... sure enough it will do dime groups at 30 yards in my hands!
Long story short, if you have the $, get yourself a good quality rifle! I sold my HW50s many years ago and sometimes wish I hadn't.

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:38 pm 

For comparisons, reviews and comments on Weihrauch air guns, you can check this site, pretty interesting: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/weihrauchowners/

The HW30 and HW50 are often considered as entry level rifles with their lighter weight and smaller size, and sold under 500$ new. I can't speak for the HW50, but I have a non-PAL HW30S in .22 calibre and I truly love this rifle! It's so easy to cock you will never get tired of using it. It's light (2.5 kg) but well balanced, very smooth and very accurate. It also has the very desirable two-stage adjustable Rekord trigger. It is a reliable and very pleasant air gun, especially after the little tuning I did on it :)

I know D&LAirgun are short on many Weihrauch models, but I saw many good comments on Krale Schietsport in the Netherlands. They seem to have very reasonnable prices and shipping fees: https://www.krale-schietsport.nl/en/gun ... cturer=262

Anyways, any Weihrauch is worth having IMHO, it all depends on your tastes and needs as far as having one model or the other. I now have 4 Weihrauch air guns, and they're all keepers!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:49 pm 

For the weight and it looks doesn't make much sense that buying a rifle that detuned to as powerful as a pistol... So I so far have only one Daisy 953 in my house.

But since I got my HW40 then P3, then HW45, I was impressed by the quality and the accuracy and everything this manufacture provided to me. So I think my first classic springer rifle that I planned to shoot many many years will be a HW....

But for a similar price tag, I don't know what I should go far... Except the HW30 is around $400, the others (35/50/57/77/80/85/95/98) are all around $600.... How to choose just maked me headache ~

~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:59 pm 

airmec wrote:
!

Thanks airmec!

Just registered to the Weihrauch forum (uhh... I just gave a user name, and everything done.... Looks too easy... )

And bookmarked the store you recommended will check it out tonight ~

Looks very useful and fun to read!

~Target~

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:12 pm 

YepYep wrote:
airmec wrote:
!

Thanks airmec!

Just registered to the Weihrauch forum (uhh... I just gave a user name, and everything done.... Looks too easy... )

And bookmarked the store you recommended will check it out tonight ~

Looks very useful and fun to read!

You're welcome :wink: Have fun!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:49 pm 

I always liked the fixed barrel HW77.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:36 am 
Supporting Member 2009

I went through the selection process in the spring. Wasn't easy, as you know.
A few questions can help.
What do you want to do with it? How much power will you need?
Want to scope it, open sights, both?

That might help narrow it down.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:50 am 

Yeah... I keep asking myself these questions these days.... But as I still have time to make the purchase, I don't need it right away, I can keep on thinking about it ~

But so far it looks I would forget other questions, but just want one rifle with open sight , more exactly, the globe front sight... I planned to put one on my Daisy 953, but end up moved the Hawke from my 1322 to it... So I am still missing this puzzle in my collection...

And looks if I can find one HW30 would be a best one to suit my need at the moment... I like its wieght and simple.

~Target~

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:54 pm 

stupid me a couple of years ago-- I wanted an hw30. so some one on here offered to sell me one and I declined and said I would rather have a new one. sooo I ordered one from d&l airgun and when they told me that they were in- I had to cancel my order because something else came up and I couldn,t afford it at that moment. so I could have had 2- now I have none. and I think I wan,t one again.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:01 pm 

My first was an HW97 in .177. Second springer was an HW98 in .22. I like shooting them both, but the 97 is a bit more accurate
at longer ranges and as well, shoots flatter by a considerable margin as they are both 14 to 14.5fpe rifles. I was able to shoot gophers
to 56 yards with the 97- head and chest shots using Predator pellets at 890fps.