Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Night scope
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:22 pm 

Is there a night scope/night vision scope/thermal scope that is in the ballpark realm of affordability?

Fully rebuilt Benjamin .22 classic
Some other junk rifles

Post subject: Re: Night scope
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:34 pm 

If you find one you like, make sure it is being sold in Canada.... No finer way to get into trouble in the USA than exporting night vision equipment, even just to Canada....

Bob

Proud Member of the 2000+fps Club!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:54 pm 

Really? I am unfamiliar with the rules involved in night vision... I was unaware there even were any...

Some other junk rifles

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:16 am 

Assemble your own.
IR capable camera looking through a rifle scope and an illuminator would work. Battery pack and 5" display n Bob's yer uncle.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:12 am 

Carpenter84 wrote:
Really? I am unfamiliar with the rules involved in night vision... I was unaware there even were any...

Look up International Traffic in Arms Regulations. A lot of rules now with optics. Some places won't even send up red dots.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:49 am 

yeah.... We will end up with water gun with home-made high precise paper peep sight on it.....

Sent from my LG cellphone

Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:53 am 

There was a time night vision scopes and goggles where illegal in Canada has the law changed and I did not notice?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:01 am 

YepYep wrote:
yeah.... We will end up with water gun with home-made high precise paper peep sight on it.....

Like someone said to you in another thread. Ignorance is not an acceptable excuse. ITAR effects everything from, firearms, airguns, cross bow, parts and accessories. Including optics. It's up to YOU to do your homework to find out if you're allowed to own it.

Rather then complaining, you can do stuff about it. Sticking head in sand, is how these laws/rules get enforced. Hundred of thousand of firearm owners are taking their time to fight a new bill. That EVEN going to effect you as a airgunner.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:02 am 

FRANK wrote:
There was a time night vision scopes and goggles where illegal in Canada has the law changed and I did not notice?

I believe they changed it. I don't think you can get "top of the line military grade ones" But you can get mid/low grade.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:44 am 

leadslinger wrote:
YepYep wrote:

Like someone said to you in another thread. Ignorance is not an acceptable excuse. ITAR effects everything from, firearms, airguns, cross bow, parts and accessories. Including optics. It's up to YOU to do your homework to find out if you're allowed to own it.

Rather then complaining, you can do stuff about it. Sticking head in sand, is how these laws/rules get enforced. Hundred of thousand of firearm owners are taking their time to fight a new bill. That EVEN going to effect you as a airgunner.
Yeah, understood. And I signed to fight our rights to ban the new bill too.

I can imagine how you guys who have been in this hobby for many many years seeing the change, I am new in here for about a year and I saw the changes already...

Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:34 am 

YepYep wrote:
leadslinger wrote:
YepYep wrote:

Yeah, understood. And I signed to fight our rights to ban the new bill too.

I can imagine how you guys who have been in this hobby for many many years seeing the change, I am new in here for about a year and I saw the changes already...

No choice but to just adapt or deal with it. I broke ITAR rules once. Once was legal, wasn't. Rather than fining me. Customs just made sure to break my USGI stock and wrap it neatly for me as a message.

Night vision is $$$, better off doing what Voltar said and make you own. Tones of cheap IR cameras out there.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:46 pm 

I just realized any regular digital camera sensor can detect an infrared light. I could mount pretty much any camera to my scope and use an infrared flashlight. Even my cellphone camera can see the infrared transmitter on the end of my tv remote. It even casts a very dull beam against an object of I get the end of the remote close enough...
Iay play with this idea. I could make a camera mount for my scope and I suppose as long as I can get the camera to focus, it should see the infrared flashlight....

Thoughts?

Some other junk rifles

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:14 pm 
Supporting Members

https://www.amazon.ca/Firefield-FF16001 ... ght+vision

Amazon.ca

Ships from canada

Im addicted to brake fluid..........but I can stop anytime....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:20 pm 

Carpenter84 wrote:
I just realized any regular digital camera sensor can detect an infrared light. I could mount pretty much any camera to my scope and use an infrared flashlight. Even my cellphone camera can see the infrared transmitter on the end of my tv remote. It even casts a very dull beam against an object of I get the end of the remote close enough...
Iay play with this idea. I could make a camera mount for my scope and I suppose as long as I can get the camera to focus, it should see the infrared flashlight....

Thoughts?

Should work. You can buy mounts. I got one of these. Mounted it on my spotting scope. Can mount it on the scope, but I need to keep the zoom down, or doesn't focus well.

https://www.amazon.ca/Gosky-Universal-P ... +for+scope

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:39 pm 

notec wrote:
https://www.amazon.ca/Firefield-FF16001-3x42mm-Night-Vision/dp/B000YQLW5C/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1534979330&sr=8-18&keywords=night+vision

Amazon.ca

Ships from canada

Nice.. but not for $600 lol

Some other junk rifles