Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: 1322 low velocity
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:45 pm 

related to a few other posts ive made, but after some testing, changing out parts, etc. I can't figure out why my 1322 is shooting so slow. Even with 20 pumps, its still under 490 fps. (well comparing it to other guns i know the velocity of.) anybody who may know why its weaker then usual let me know, since i don't.

Im going to to get a flattop valve anyway.

Post subject: Re: 1322 low velocity
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:31 pm 

How low is low? Every gun will shoot different. They wont shoot more than 460 out of the box. Pellet skirt size, weight, alitude all will effect the FPS.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:49 pm 

I highly doubt you have some leaking in your 1322... I don't think a normal 1322 can be pumped to 20 pumps, you either don't have that much force to close the forearm or you just damage the cylinder...

If it's an easy pumping for that many, try to do it in a quiet place and the see if you can hear the air leaks out while you close the forearm... It's easy for 3 pumps on mine, and start from 5 to 6 pumps you will need obvious higher effort to close the forearm, after 10 pumps it will be very difficult to close the forearm...

Or after pumped, let it sit there for some time to see if it can hold the air...

I tried the old fashion tissue test ( put a tissue on the breech and shoot), I don't know how a leaked gun will act, for the vibration after you pull the trigger always move the tissue... Maybe a leaked gun will blow up the tissue from the breech spot?!

Sent from my LG cellphone

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:24 pm 

YepYep wrote:
I highly doubt you have some leaking in your 1322... I don't think a normal 1322 can be pumped to 20 pumps, you either don't have that much force to close the forearm or you just damage the cylinder...

If it's an easy pumping for that many, try to do it in a quiet place and the see if you can hear the air leaks out while you close the forearm... It's easy for 3 pumps on mine, and start from 5 to 6 pumps you will need obvious higher effort to close the forearm, after 10 pumps it will be very difficult to close the forearm...

Or after pumped, let it sit there for some time to see if it can hold the air...

I tried the old fashion tissue test ( put a tissue on the breech and shoot), I don't know how a leaked gun will act, for the vibration after you pull the trigger always move the tissue... Maybe a leaked gun will blow up the tissue from the breech spot?!

someone said that after 12 pumps its not much harder, witch is what i noticed. Aware its a bad idea though.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:36 pm 

I think I tried 11 or maybe 12 pumps maximum... Never tried more... As I don't have a chrony either, pumping more I can't see the difference and was afraid damage the gun... The stock valve is not designed ti hold that much pressure and will be damaged...

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:45 pm 

A stock 13-22 will certainly be retaining air at 20 pumps.
Shoot twice without pumping to clear the valve.
Would suspect a bent hammer pin or broken spring...

-D.S.