Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:21 pm 

Back about a month ago I did some deeper research for a chronograph and found one bluetooth model that triggered my attention,
Competition Electronics ProChrono DLX Chronograph, nice unit in contrast to green chrony I got rid of it years ago.
I didn't wanted to order from US and I found that same model for $190 CAD at oshoot.ca
Aug.17th placed an online order, the box arrived within couple days, but a wrong box, not a bluetooth model what I planned to buy.
Emailed the co, got the RA number, returned at my own cost, and waiting-waiting with max tolerance.

Today after some 21 days I shoot out an email again asking "OK what is happening with my order"? They lost the strings, they would need to reorder if I prefer... No, I don't prefer but cancel the order and I want my full refund asap, and got the paypal notification within five minutes.

Now back to the game, looking for some advanced chronograph again, source in Canada if possible...or I may go aliexpress way if somebody have a positive experience ordering a specific brand from far East.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:13 pm 

The premium caldwell ballistic precision chronograph kit is on cheaper again on amazon.
Here's a link: Caldwell Ballistic Precision Chronograph Premium Kit https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00HTN5290/ref ... MBb30G7FPE
It comes with the infrared light kit so you can use it in any light condition and it has the tripod and cable for your cell phone/tablet and has an app for iphone/android. Pretty good deal at $179 I think.

Sent from my LG-M154 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:47 pm 

Just out of curiosity, what is the difference between The Caldwell premium kit and the regular kit? Cabelas usually have that on sale for roughly $100.00 sometimes. I’m waiting until I see that deal come along again.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:18 pm 

The regular kit has the cable, the chronograph and the diffusers, but no infrared lights for indoor use and no tripod. It seems regular led lights do not work well on this model for some reason as I've tried several variety with no luck indoors. So I think the infrared might be worth it. I've got some on order from China and hope they'll do the trick.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:18 pm 

I emailed today Competition Electronics if they would mail me one chronograph, here is the answer:

"We can ship the Prochrono DLX (USD$129.95) to Canada via Priority International mail for USD$42.95, for a total of USD$172.87"

I don't mind spending 130 USD for a good chrono but that $43USD for shipping kills the deal.
I believe best me to go with aliexpress and for that money I can order four units...all for home use maybe once or twice a year...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:34 pm 

I see those chronographs on aliexpress for $60 Canadian, they even have infrared led lights, pretty cool! One guy tested his with a brand name and said it gave good readings. Ideal for indoors anyway
My new chronograph has been sitting waiting for some lights for weeks now.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:49 am 

Location: Southern Gulf Islands, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
bigHUN wrote:
I emailed today Competition Electronics if they would mail me one chronograph, here is the answer:

"We can ship the Prochrono DLX (USD$129.95) to Canada via Priority International mail for USD$42.95, for a total of USD$172.87"

I don't mind spending 130 USD for a good chrono but that $43USD for shipping kills the deal.
I believe best me to go with aliexpress and for that money I can order four units...all for home use maybe once or twice a year...

Hey bigHun,

Just purchased a ProChrono DLX from Pyramid Air for $119.99 USD plus $7.99 Freight and $12.67 Tax, grand total $140.65 USD (Used PayPal for payment as I don't like to submit my CC Info online. PayPal converted to $190.47 CAD).

Rather than have it shipped directly, which would have incurred higher shipping rate and brokerage fees (Total would have been $195.00 USD), I just shipped to an Air Service in WA USA, who bring it across the border to my local airport. When it arrives I just pickup the paperwork and walk it over to Customs, pay my taxes (often waived) and back to the air service for parcel pick up. They usually charge $18.00 CAD for parcels this size. The US tax I paid was for the state of Washington because the item origin and shipping destination were within the same state.

We must all now bear in mind that Duty is also applicable to most US orders. From the reviews, this Chrono looks like the best bang for the buck, with onboard Bluetooth and smart phone app. Will write a review once it arrives and I've had a chance to try it out.

Cheers!

Avianmanor

*Air Arms S510 Extra*Artemis M11 MK II*CZ 200S*Benjamin Marauder*Brocock Concept*Cometa Orion*Daystate Huntsman*Daystate Revere*FX Dreamline*FX Streamline*Hatsan BT65*Kral Puncher*Reximex RPA*QB78D*Weihrauch HW100S*Artemis PP700SA*PP750*Snowpeak CP1-M*

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:54 pm 

Hey Avianmanor
I wanted that bluetooth chrono and I would go for it but lost my tolerance for bs games...
I pushed a purchase button today morning at amazon for one infrared chronograph.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B075F6 ... UTF8&psc=1
I may not be able to use it for my archery stuff as well (I can do calculations from arrow drop) but for occasional tuning my airguns shall work...will see...if doesn't work as expected :) back to big A

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:03 pm 

Location: Southern Gulf Islands, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
Cool!

Please report back with a review once you've got that unit in hand.

I've purchased from Pyramid Air previously without issue or BS. The Bluetooth ProChrono DLX has already been shipped with a tracking number -will keep you posted. I've also installed both the smart phone app and PC software -will be interesting to see if this chronograph is up to the task and the .5% Accuracy as claimed.

Cheers!

Avianmanor

*Air Arms S510 Extra*Artemis M11 MK II*CZ 200S*Benjamin Marauder*Brocock Concept*Cometa Orion*Daystate Huntsman*Daystate Revere*FX Dreamline*FX Streamline*Hatsan BT65*Kral Puncher*Reximex RPA*QB78D*Weihrauch HW100S*Artemis PP700SA*PP750*Snowpeak CP1-M*