Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:13 pm 

Looks like production of this airgun is again delayed. Was originally Spring/18, then early summer, then late summer, then late November/18 now listed as Dec 20/18 (per Pyramyd Air). That sort of kills Christmas delivery.

Rumor has it that Umarex is having production problems with this gun. Starting to have doubts that it will ever come to market. Was holding off other purchases, waiting for it. Wanted to make it my next big purchase.

Anyone have any more info. Any of the Dealers have any more to add? Anyone seen a working version of it?

Will be interesting to see what Umarex says about it at Shot Show in November.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:06 pm 

How are we supposed to shoot that thing? Don't get me wrong I want one really bad and can't wait for it to come out but you can't shoot that thing outside or you'll lose shells. Even if you them inside let's say in your garage, the floor isn't spotless (well in my garage anyways) shells will get dirty and you'll get that dirt in your rifle no?
That ejector better be good so all the shells end up in the same place.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:13 am 

DocGadget wrote:
How are we supposed to shoot that thing? Don't get me wrong I want one really bad and can't wait for it to come out but you can't shoot that thing outside or you'll lose shells. Even if you them inside let's say in your garage, the floor isn't spotless (well in my garage anyways) shells will get dirty and you'll get that dirt in your rifle no?

I was thinking the exact same thing. unless you have a carpet outside or in the garage the shells are going to get dinged up and dirty. although it looks like a beautiful gun and a great idea I might pass on this one. or at least wait until I here some reviews on it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:42 pm 

I think we are missing the point!

Does anyone know the chances this airgun will ever come to market? It seems like a great product. Lever action Winchester 1894 type air rifles have always been popular. Just check the resale market for Daisy 1894's. The Walther Lever Action is still popular, but a bit hard to find and is pricy (around $600), and requires a PAL. Also, I hear repairing one can be a problematic, as parts aren't that easily obtained.

If the market for the western single action revolvers is any indication, this rifle will be popular. Just look at the # and styles of Colt Peacemakers, Remingtion 1875, and S&W Schofields that have come to the market in the past few years.

And this product takes the lever action rifle to the next level, in the same way shell loading peacemakers were to the Hahn 45, Crosman 44, and Daisy 179.

I think it is that Umarex introduced it at Shot Show in Nov/17, and it will not be on the market until after Shot Show 2018. Adding to the disappointment is the fact that expected availability date has been pushed back numerous times without any comment from the Umarex. Some sort of information from them might be all that is needed. Just be honest with customers. If there are major production issues, just tell us.

Does anyone know if the prototypes they produced for the video and Shot Show, actually fired BB's, or just shell ejecting, non firing models?

There have been a couple of airsoft shell ejecting shotguns produced 4 or 5 years ago, but this would seem to be new technology, as they had the gas in each individual shell.

Regarding collecting the ejected shells, firearms shooters (esp. reloaders) have been facing this issue for years. They are numbers of ways to do it. Here is one device that may help;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKwwQ5D3xco

But just picking them up would be the simplest way. I mean how may shells could you have ejected. Probably, not more than 50. Also, since it only shoots at 410 FPS, it is only for plinking & target practice. So you are not traveling thru the woods, looking for a rabbit. Also, the shells are only around $2.50 each, and are easily available. So it's not the end of the world, if you lose a couple. Put an old sheet down where you are shooting if you are really worried about losing one or it getting dirty.

I think if you are worried about possibly losing a $2.50 shell maybe you shouldn't buy this gun. But just think about how many shell you can buy @ 2.50 each, with the price difference between the Cowboy Lever Action and the Walther Lever Action.

Just my 2 cents. Frustrated that my planned big airgun purchase for 2018 never came to market in 2018.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:49 pm 

I do agree with Pete. With all these production delays, might be wise to see how it actually works in the real world, before one runs out to buy one.

I waited before buying the MP40. I bought 2nd model (limited edition weathered model) with the 52 shot mag., and bypassed all the jamming issues that initially occured with the 60 shot mag.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:05 pm 

DocGadget wrote:

Do what we do when we shoot outside. Place a tarp on the ground to collect our ejected brass.

You could ride the action so you can grab the shell with your hand.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:13 am 

I think there is a limit where "realistic" is just too real for replicas. Ejecting shells exceeds that limit, IMO.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:29 am 

Edmonton<500 wrote:
I think there is a limit where "realistic" is just too real for replicas. Ejecting shells exceeds that limit, IMO.

Some cannot own firearms, Or some like to use airgun as training aids. So whats wrong with being realistic? Going to need to evolving airguns to keep people attention.

Someone with ill intentions are going to do something no matter what.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:46 pm 

You're totally right about the delays. Umarex should keep people informed about what is happening with this.

But regarding the shells, I don't know how you guys shoot your guns but I usually shoot until there's no gas left in it. So that would probably mean getting 50 to a 100 shells... picking and cleaning them up would be a core.
I'm just not 100% sure ejecting shells is the next big step in replica airguns. Blow back, field stiping like the firearm is really nice, the shell loading revolvers are really nice too but ejecting shells? I don't really see the point. Is going to make the gun more fun to shoot? More accurate? Cheaper to make and sell?
I truly love the lever action rifles, I own a few RedRyders, the Marlin cowboy and the Daisy 1894 but I would have been happy with a force fed mecanism like a lot of Umarex guns have and I can't wait for them to bring a Thompson machine gun out.

I'm still going to buy one but I'll grump each time I pick up the shells from the floor :lol: I hope they get ejected in the same place everytime si I can borrow a laundry basket and eject the shells in it.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:28 pm 

DocGadget wrote:
You're totally right about the delays. Umarex should keep people informed about what is happening with this.

But regarding the shells, I don't know how you guys shoot your guns but I usually shoot until there's no gas left in it. So that would probably mean getting 50 to a 100 shells... picking and cleaning them up would be a core.
I'm just not 100% sure ejecting shells is the next big step in replica airguns. Blow back, field stiping like the firearm is really nice, the shell loading revolvers are really nice too but ejecting shells? I don't really see the point. Is going to make the gun more fun to shoot? More accurate? Cheaper to make and sell?
I truly love the lever action rifles, I own a few RedRyders, the Marlin cowboy and the Daisy 1894 but I would have been happy with a force fed mecanism like a lot of Umarex guns have and I can't wait for them to bring a Thompson machine gun out.

I'm still going to buy one but I'll grump each time I pick up the shells from the floor :lol: I hope they get ejected in the same place everytime si I can borrow a laundry basket and eject the shells in it.

Couldn't have said it better.