Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Bass Pro....
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:59 pm 

I was thinking of planning a trip into the city and checking out a Bass Pro - someone mentioned that they do carry stock of certain Pellet and BB guns. If anyone can comment on what models they carry, that would be appreciative of.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Bass Pro....
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:02 pm 

I happened to look a few weeks ago for pellets at Niagara store and they had Daisy, RWS, Crosman and Benjamin as I recall. No JSB that my guns like. I am sure you can check Canadian website for the guns they have.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:05 pm 

Crosman, some Daisy ( red ryder, bucks, 71 ) Stoeger. Probably have some Benjamin rifles.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:06 pm 

That doesn't sound like much....I don't think they have a Canadian website. I think they are now affiliated with Cabelas....so perhaps whatever Cabelas has they have in the store. Guess I might not even bother making the drive in. I'll just do mail order I guess.....

mooseslayerjc wrote:
I happened to look a few weeks ago for pellets at Niagara store and they had Daisy, RWS, Crosman and Benjamin as I recall. No JSB that my guns like. I am sure you can check Canadian website for the guns they have.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:16 pm 

It looks I never have a chance to visit a store to buy an airgun, except only once I bought a DW from Ark before its closing...

Then all my guns were bought online ~ it doesn't matter as we have very good dealers in Canada and you will find many good second hand deals from the forum members ~

Sent from my LG cellphone

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:45 am 

What's your favorite online store?

YepYep wrote:
It looks I never have a chance to visit a store to buy an airgun, except only once I bought a DW from Ark before its closing...

Then all my guns were bought online ~ it doesn't matter as we have very good dealers in Canada and you will find many good second hand deals from the forum members ~

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:49 am 

BBKen wrote:
What's your favorite online store?

YepYep wrote:

I like CSS. Canada Shooting Supply.

But I maybe dropping by the "first" Cabelas/Bass Pro. So I'll see what they got.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:28 am 

If you go to Basspro, can you report back what models they carry please - or just take a picture would be nice.

I was thinking of ordering from the US - only because I can't find a model that isn't sold up here, but then I have to worry about shipping complications - if any.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:37 am 

BBKen wrote:
If you go to Basspro, can you report back what models they carry please - or just take a picture would be nice.

I was thinking of ordering from the US - only because I can't find a model that isn't sold up here, but then I have to worry about shipping complications - if any.

Well if you go on Cabelas website. What you see there is probably what they got.

By Brand

Quote:
BENJAMIN (1)
CROSMAN (3)
DAISY (5)
GAMO (2)
LEGENDS (1)
RUGER (2)
STOEGER (4)
SWISS ARMS (1)
UMAREX (3)
WINCHESTER (1)

For pistols

By Brand

Quote:
BERETTA (4)
COLT (4)
CROSMAN (5)
DAISY (2)
GAMO (6)
GLOCK (1)
H&K (1)
LEGENDS (3)
MARKSMAN (1)
REMINGTON (1)
SIG SAUER (4)
SMITH & WESSON (2)
UMAREX (7)
WALTHER (2)
WINCHESTER (1)

What model are you looking for?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:06 am 

leadslinger wrote:

What model are you looking for?

Yep ~ I want to know that too ~ :)

I think you are interested in replicas at the moment, right?

Did you hear about https://www.replicaairguns.ca yet?

And other Canadian deals are

AGS, http://www.airgunsource.ca,

And our forum store has a good supply of great pellets

And D&L, https://dlairgun.com

www.oshoot.ca/en/, which carries the products from US https://www.pyramydair.com. And you can have trouble free shopping for the same products from PA

I bought things from all these stores before and right now, they are all great sellers!

Sometimes you just check the final price and determine you want to check out which cart ~

~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:22 am 

Thanks folks!

I'm looking for a Colt Python 357 - chrome edition. Right now, I"m not having any luck in sourcing a C. seller that has it. But thanks for the links, and will check them out and I'll email them if need be to see what they can do.

Yup, I'm into the replicas, but not limiting myself to.

Cheers,

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:24 am 

That didn't take long...found what I was looking for at oshoot.ca :) So they get stock from the US, but it ships from Canada?

Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:23 am 

No really...

They will gather orders and ship them together into Canada each week and will take care of everything need for the products pass through the border then they ship the goods from Canada warehouse again to the customers...

~Target~

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:24 pm 

I went into Bass Pro. Lets just say it was a huge disappointment. Alot of empty shelves.

4 airguns on the rack. 760, Umerax Surge, Ruger Airhawk, and Daisy Red Ryder. A 1377 and a soft air pistol.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:39 am 

I work in the Hunting Department at SAIL.
When Bass Pro opened in Canada I was the manager of their Hunting Department at Vaughan Mills.They hired me away from LaBaron based on word of mouth.
BP now owns Cabellas and that leaves SAIL with its many locations, as the only Canadian owned outdoor superstore in Ontario and possibly the entire country.
The air rifle rack in my store has at least 3 under 500 fps springers as well as 5 or 6 PAL rated. We stock 2240 and 1322 Crosman as well as Benjamin Nitro Piston.
Our pellet stock varies with demand (as does all inventory) but includes Crossman, Daisy and RWS in .177 and .22
I am currently lobbying with my Head Office and Purchasing Department to expand our air line and include PCPs and Chronys among other things.Your interest and support could help.
My schedule finds me at the store in Etobicoke (North Queen, just north of Sherway Gardens) on Friday, noon till close and Saturday and Sunday noon till 6 P.M.
All I can promise you is that we will be happy to see you and answer any questions we can.

Stan