Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: ...1322 ...?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:58 pm 

Well, it's been a loooong time since I posted on the forum,.....I collapsed at home last Christmas morning and spent 11 days in the ICU and I'm still dealing with residual heart and lung damage.....caused by contracting the flu, don't underestimate how bad it can be.....so, between that and losing my 'password' list, I've not been able to stay in touch (so to speak) ... I can no longer work due to my 'unsteadiness' and shortness of breath........I have a question,..What does it take to convert an older 1322 from .22 to .177 ? besides the barrel, I've been told it's just the bolt and 'o'ring (that the actual breech is the same)......The muzzle on this old 1322 is buggered and I want to replace it with a 14" barrel, and if I can go .177 , then I don't have to pump so much. At 14 inches , it would make a good 'open sight' rat gun for me.....thank you

Post subject: Re: ...1322 ...?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:58 pm 

Barrel and bolt have to be replaced, smaller transfer port for you to make it below 500fps. for the transfer port I have filled it with JB weld and drilled it out with 3/32 drill bit and it was clocking at 470 to 480ish on a 10 inch barrel co2 and a weaker hammer spring on 2240 converted to 1740, got a lot of shot with it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:31 am 

..Thanks Pistolero,.....I'm not too worried about fps, the innards of this old 1322 are pretty 'loose' and it really doesn't hold pressure like a new one would. Actually, that's another question.....How long should a 1322/77 hold pressure ? ....I plan on just giving it a pump or two as I wait for a rat to re-appear.....I may "carbine-ate" it with a 1399 stock.......It's all worn and 'weathered' and really looks it's age, but 12 pumps and it tears right through soup cans, even the larger ones at 9-10 yards with Crosman HPs ..... Thanks for your interest and reply, I haven't decided to stay .22 or go .177 yet .....maybe I'll wait 'till Canada Post is back to normal, hopefully the employees will be treated fairly.............

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:04 am 

.22 has more knockdown power when you're shooting for pest like rats, if you're planning to get a lot of power in a fewer pump, you need to upgrade to a flat top piston, and flat top valve, check also your pump hinged if its worn out and the piston cup, that thing will wobble and it affects the pumping action which relate to your pressure, I usually use Teflon tape for pipe to seal all the valve thread and sometime use it on the o ring groove to make it tighter and seal leaks.