Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:33 pm 

I see some big vendors in the states with long lists of Crosman and Benjamin guns ranking higher in the number of reviews.
Is some of that just the length of production or because these rifles are more likely to be in spec?
Here is an example:
Titan has 261 reviews with 154@5/5 and 79@4/5 or basically twice the 5/5 as opposed to the 4/5
Nitro Venom has 166 reviews with 82@5/5 and 64@4/5 or basically getting closer to 50/50 for people choosing top marks to those not quite so happy

Both models shown had the same power plant, wood stock, performance ratings. Titan had a CenterPoint Optics 4x32 while the Nitro had a CenterPoint Optics 3-9x32 but any scope related comments seemed equal.

Even though these are just two of the models with what seem to be common specs in the Crosman Empire, they have different enough feedback for me to question why or how that might happen?

I opted out of buying a Titan only because the vendor, in my opinion, had poor business ethics so I cancelled that order on moral grounds even though the price was just $180 for boxing week.
Now I'm looking around for gun options in the price range but really digging to find anything close in performance and those are usually Crosman or Benjamin, of course.

But there is some price spread and it would be nice to know if there is any reasons beyond style choice keeping them on the self if the price is lower?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:16 am 

Since no one is answering I will say this being in the furnace industry. Keeprite has so many bad reviews online yet the Arcoaire has glowing reviews. They are exactly the same furnace and a matter of fact they used to come with both name plates in the box and you name it with one you want. I was going to install an Arcoaire and had a lady say she wanted a Keeprite instead. Told her I will do that for the same quoted price regardless of them being a little more money. She was happy and that's all that mattered. :lol: Funny how it works like that. They could be the very same gun and the scope makes the price difference.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:26 am 

Maybe people like the thumb hole stock better?

They're all the same, all your paying is for maybe different barrel length, stock And cosmetic appearances.

Crosman/Benjamin for years been just coming out with a new old model. And I have no idea why people run out and buy them.

I would just buy the one you like the most.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:33 pm 

Still seems odd with such a different "like ratio" for people who didn't have the guns forced on them.
Maybe one gun started with several unhappy owners and when someone else wasn't happy either everyone just kept hitting the "don't like" button until some were pleasantly surprised?
The other gun might have got a bunch of happy owners and when people checked in to complain though maybe they should look into what they might have done wrong before posting a "don't like" then found a fix, so suddenly felt like they lucked out and hit "like"?

Anyway I accept the answers. No need to beat an invisible horse.