Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:15 pm 

Just wondering about threads that mention returning non functioning airguns.
Are there retailers that actually allow that here in Canada for PAL rated airguns, or any other firearms in general?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:43 pm 

Can you explain why they wouldn't accept a return? As long as the gun is shipped with signature required, isn't it fine to ship? My apologies if I'm ignorant of the difference with a PAL rated airgun on shipping.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:43 pm 

There 2 standards. A dealer just has to ship double box.

But private ,Canada Post. Wants you to trigger lock. Or remove bolt. In a locked hard case. Which is BS.

But when I ship NR firearms. I make sure well boxed, unloaded, maybe ziptie as a trigger lock..Signature required, And insured. Also the box cannot be just the one came with the gun. Have to brown paper it. Cannot have anything saying what it is..

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:12 pm 

Ok thanks that's interesting, and a nuisance! If the zip tie works that'd be an easy solution I suppose.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:57 am 

Cabela's as well as two of the larger airgun suppliers here in Ontario have a no return policy on opened packages. Cabela's basically once it's signed for, it's yours.
After that you can of course deal with the manufacturer for repair.
It got me wondering, without going through all the gun retailer sites, if there was anywhere where you could return an unsatisfactory, meaning you actually handled it to find a "deal breaking" flaw with your "firearm" purchase.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:15 am 

Well to be honest Cabelas sucks. I know AGS, or CSS will accept returns. Both great stores. Cabelas is nothing but a fad store that only cares about money. Ours has the worst Airgun section I've seen.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:22 am 

wesb2007 wrote:
Ok thanks that's interesting, and a nuisance! If the zip tie works that'd be an easy solution I suppose.

Well that's what Ive seen people do when I privately bought some handguns from people. I just find it stupid, one standard for a business, but you can use the same services, but have to ship totally different. But I don't think anyone follows it, unless its a very high end gun.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:49 am 

leadslinger wrote:
wesb2007 wrote:

Well that's what Ive seen people do when I privately bought some handguns from people. I just find it stupid, one standard for a business, but you can use the same services, but have to ship totally different. But I don't think anyone follows it, unless its a very high end gun.

I have about 30 of those $1.99 plastic gun locks that take a screw to open and close. Not much good but they are legal.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:20 am 

wheeliehd wrote:
leadslinger wrote:
wesb2007 wrote:

I have about 30 of those $1.99 plastic gun locks that take a screw to open and close. Not much good but they are legal.

Well the point is.. A dealer can send you a restricted or non restricted firearm, w/o a trigger lock in a non locked hard case ( Mostly cardboard boxes ). But if I was to do it. Canada Post requires. It has to be trigger locked, in a locked hard case. Even if I use the SAME expedited shipping, with insurance and signature required as the dealer.

Technically would be the same if you are sending a PAL rated airgun.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:52 am 

Wonder if you are supposed to send the key separate. Pointless if key goes in same box. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:32 am 

wheeliehd wrote:
Wonder if you are supposed to send the key separate. Pointless if key goes in same box. :wink:
[emoji38] good point ~

Maybe we will have use combination locks and send password by email...

Sent from my LG cellphone

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:43 pm 

wheeliehd wrote:

Why I use zip ties.

YepYep wrote:
wheeliehd wrote:
[emoji38] good point ~

Maybe we will have use combination locks and send password by email...

Going to send someone a 20$ lock? Go for it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:49 pm 

Put it to the price.... XXX $ plus shipping AND a lock ~

~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:07 pm 

YepYep wrote:
Put it to the price.... XXX $ plus shipping AND a lock ~

And you'll get alot of people that will pass on the lock. If they are like me, I got probably 15 trigger locks lying around. Why would I go out and buy another? Heck I got one in my car with a KEY, incase I make a purchase on the road. You can pick most trigger locks in less than a min. They're mainly to keep kids from operating them. Most hard cases you can break the tabs where the locks go.

If A dealer, ships without a hard case and double lock, so should private sellers.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:49 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
If A dealer, ships without a hard case and double lock, so should private sellers.

Yep, I agreed to that ~ occasionally private deals is different from a formal business.

~Target~