Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Daisy 1911s BB pistols
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:51 pm 

came across what i thought was the Daisy Winchester 1911 on Princess Auto's web site for a good price.

then noticed that it's branded as a Powerline.

so now i have this coming in...

https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/daisy-m11-bb-gun-with-hard-case/A-p8823668e 60$re-manufactured ..with a hard case.... but labeled as Daisy Powerline

yet Daisy sold it/sells it as a Winchester for $150? and it comes in a cardboard box..(see video)

https://www.replicaairguns.ca/daisy-winchester-model-11-blowback-bb-pistol

i wonder if Daisy Warranty re-skins it so the Winchester name doesn't appear on a re-manufactured product??

..or if the license is up and Daisy can re-label it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:02 pm 

hi. l . they had these on sale a few weeks ago. I wen,t to the st. Catharines store and asked if I could see one. it felt kind of cheap to me-- had a flimsy plastic mag. and the case is just cheap plastic. I passed on it. it was heavy and mostly steel but I didn,t care for it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:22 pm 

i admire you for being able to walk away.

:rolleyes:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:02 am 

''...being able to walk away.'' Hmm, I wasn't, I actually have two of those, and really like them. One of the most accurate of my BB pistols, reliable and good shot count (80~). Only issue I encountered was a small burr on the piercing needle, limiting flow of gas and power. Once I cleaned it, power was restored and I never had another problem. I'd like to say that I used them intensively in a windy sand pit, dust was actually getting into the guns but never caused any jam or misfire. At the price you're paying, i'm sure you're getting a good deal. Have fun!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:34 am 

Leon Yrag wrote:
i admire you for being able to walk away.

:rolleyes:

at that price it was very hard to walk away from. and it almost did join the other 11 guns that I didn,t walk away from and hardly ever use. lol. but I knew I had to pass because i still had this one on my mind. and on Friday i couldn,t walk away from it. got it 2 days later.

Attachments:
m17-air-left.jpg
m17-air-left.jpg [ 35.93 KiB | Viewed 572 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:07 pm 

:) sometimes it's not enough to walk away....
often they just follow me home.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:14 pm 

so i'm in at PA tonight and see this Daisy 1911 on the shelf for $89.99...

it wasn't in-store when i started this post but at that time i had got it online for $60 + frt.. haha i win, i said.

i then came home and just for S&Gs searched it again online and now it's $45!! (and probably in-store too).. boohoo they win, i said.

..but you could win!

https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/daisy-m11-bb-gun-with-hard-case/A-p8823668e

this gun kicks! it has a stupid short 'blowback', it has a stupid two-hand safety release, it has a stupid CO2 loading/piercing system, it has a case [that] is just cheap [stupid] plastic, it has a stupid flimsy plastic BB mag, (D&L sells spares).. but this gun kicks! and has heft. and is accurate to an indoor 21'.

the blowback surprised me and only maybe does the Tanfoglio Limited Custom surpass it as far as 'realistic blowback action!' goes.

..and like my KWC/Swiss Arms 1911, it fits exactly a 'real-steel' Cytak 1911 holster.

i've grown to prefer the all matte-black look of the POWERLINE over the white/grey lettering of the Winchester version. (Winchester never even made a 1911 pistol model, only an ill-fated '1911 shotgun')

it's nice to have the hard case [that] is just cheap plastic with it.

oh! and the Owner's Manual is the labelled as for the Winchester 1911...

Attachments:
d 1911.jpg
d 1911.jpg [ 143.22 KiB | Viewed 273 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:09 am 

For $44.99, you can not go wrong. It is a nice air pistol. If you are into the 1911, you will probably like it.

Yes the blow-back is not as powerful as the Umarex & KWC 1911's , but the velocity is higher (approx.. 410 vs. 350) and you get more shots per CO2, So it's a trade off.

Accuracy is nice, and still has blow-back.

The CO2 piercing system is different, but once you get use to it, you may find you don't loose as much CO2 when charging the gun. Actually the piercing system is sort of an early version of the system used in the new Sig M17.

The thumb safety takes a little time to get use to, but once you do, you should be able to disengage the safety with your thumb. At least I have been able to.

Also, can't beat the price. Pyramyd has the silver one in a similar kit for $109.99 US, that close to $150 CDN, before the shipping, brokerage, etc. Replica Airguns sell it for $149.99.

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Winchest ... l_Kit/3383

Michael Kaye from Replica Airguns did a good review video on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAzuuPCA9pU

And direct comparison video with it and Tanfoglio Witness 1911

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vgo_zLtUQ0Q

So save yourself $100 and get it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:52 pm 

Hey Leon, yep, that's the same one I picked up at Princess. Got the $44.99 deal. Still on sale locally here until the 20th. I Like the weight and feel of this gun but man I can't hit the broad side of a barn with this thing. From 15ft away I completely missed the target area. Thought the gun wasn't firing but at point blank range it was indeed firing. Moved a bit closer and from 10ft away, if I aim about 6 inches down and left of bullseye it will put a bb on target about 6 inches high and right of bullseye lol.

At first I just chocked up this to inexperience or user error but after a bit more frustration I dug out my old crosman 357 replica co2 and even with BBs in it, instead of pellets managed to consistently put rounds on target from 15 ft.

What kind of groups and at what range are you getting with this gun? I know it's a smooth bore bb gun but I thought I'd be able to hit a can from 10 feet away without aiming completely away from target and hoping for a hail mary ;) I do notice that the slide action has about 1/8" of play in it on each side and feels quite wobbly and loose. I plan to exchange this gun for another one in the hopes that I just got a lemon as they are refurbished units, but maybe I'm just a horrible shot and expecting too much from a bb gun.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:24 pm 

i'd try another.. i'm indoors at 18' and having better success than you are. i hope you find that it was just that particular gun.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:59 pm 

I get pretty decent grouping with my Winchester (Daisy) Model 11 on a 25' indoor range. But, I don't have the Princess Auto one. I bought it at CDN Tire a few years ago.

Maybe the one you are using is defective?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:17 pm 

So I finally got a chance to exchange my Princess Auto Daisy refurb 1911. Got the last one they had in stock and what a difference. I haven't had a chance to test the groups on paper targets yet as my indoor basement range was underwater last week due to flooding, but beer cans out in the yard were easily plinked from the 20ft range. A very welcome stress relief when dealing with a flooded basement :D

Seems the first one I purchased was indeed a lemon. Guess that's a possibility when buying a refurbished unit. Thankfully returning something to Princess Auto is pretty damn easy. I explained to the clerk what the issue was and even though she had no idea what I was talking about she just got me a new one and I was on my way.

Not sure if this refurbished model would compare to a brand new Winchester model 1911 but it's a lot of fun. Might have to test that theory in the future;)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:55 pm 

yay! nice update.
i've always had good luck w/ PA's refurbished guns...

i like to think that a robot messed up in manufacturing (probably +500 units),
but a human got to fix it.