Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Krale
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:40 pm 

Hey guys,
Anybody had experience buying an airgun from Krale?
https://www.krale-schietsport.nl/en/
Any problem coming to Canada? UPS? Customs? etc.
Thanks

Post subject: Re: Krale
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:04 am 

Hey Err - I was wondering the same thing. Did you try importing from Krale? If so, how did it go?

Has anyone else tried buying a rifle from and can talk about their experience? Any tips or warnings?

From all the posts in AGN with US buyers they seem like a fantastic company to purchase from. I'm worried about what happens on our end trying to get an air rifle into the country.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:15 am 

mikep wrote:
Hey Err - I was wondering the same thing. Did you try importing from Krale? If so, how did it go?

Has anyone else tried buying a rifle from and can talk about their experience? Any tips or warnings?

From all the posts in AGN with US buyers they seem like a fantastic company to purchase from. I'm worried about what happens on our end trying to get an air rifle into the country.

No, I did not try. I was hoping somebody would share thier experience after I posted this question.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:04 pm 

Netherlands, eh. Well, good luck. I am surprised they have so much "stuff'. The Netherlands has horrific gun laws.

Have you contacted them about shipping, etc? I noticed their prices on a lot of valves & hoses, etc, are 'better' than from the States.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:46 pm 

Back in Dec 2016, I bought an HW50 and HW95 from Mundilar in Portugal. Krale did not have these in stock at the time.

Everything went smoothly - although it took some time and the package tracking was not very informative.

The parcel was held up in customs for a bit. Both rifles were PAL-rated. I think Mundilar put copies of my PAL and driver's license in the box and with the export documents.

Shipping as 105 Euros (80 for one rifle and 25 for the second). There was no VAT since it was being shipped to Canada.

I can't remember if there were customs fees...

They did say it was the first time they had sent rifles to Canada.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:47 am 

You should talk to Raman at CSS he has some 25 call Krale Punchers for sale. Maybe he can answer your questions.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:25 am 

These are 2 different entities!!!
The airgun rifles from CSS are: KRAL ARMS
The other is an airgun retailer in the Netherlands (used to be called Holland) which is the question the OP has posted.
https://www.krale-schietsport.nl/en/

err:
you might try contacting (PM) a CAF member: mtl_biker that was quite active here, but I haven't seen him post for awhile. I know he has quite a bit of experience in importing stuff from Europe, in particular Mundilar that I am aware of. Possibly Krale as well ??.
There's alot to be considered and the Exporter has to be very experienced with shipping requirements and Manifest Duty documentation.
Might try and post what exactly you're looking for or contemplating from european sources and see if some of folks here can direct you to a source in Canada. Must also remember that even if importing is the only source for you...any 'unrestricted firearm' must be approved by RCMP before being allowed entry into Canada. An airgun sold in Europe doesnt' automatically come onto the RCMP list.
Good luck.

Hawk-i

KRAL Puncher .177
CZ-200S lam. .177
Weihrauch HW50S Stl
Cometa Fusion .22
HatsanAT44&95 .22
FAS 6004T
Weihrauch HW44 .22
'HAVE GUN. WILL SHOOT'

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:57 pm 

The FIRST thing to do is to contact THEM and ask - then seek 'experience from others' in dealing with them. Perhaps they do not ship overseas
in the first place, however their pricing was in CA funds due to my IP address, I assume.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:11 pm 

Lots of American airgunners have been buying from Krale and have been happy.

Takes only 3 days for the item to arrive--that is what they say.

Yeah, that is even faster than buying one domestically.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:56 pm 

I’ve ordered from the US once , had a copy of my PAL in the box and didn’t have any issues . Krale will probably the same . Just make sure it fits Canadian requirement . It’s a gamble as the CBSA can reject any package they feel like . And you probably won’t get your money back . Another option would be to get in touch with Raman at Canada shooting supply . He got me a special order rifle (Winchester .357) within a couple weeks to my door for a really good price .

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:49 am 

I emailed Krale yesterday to find out definitively and wanted to share their reply.

Executive Summary: Nope, they won't ship to us.

=======
Hello Michael,

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, we are not able to export airguns/firearms to Canada. We have done this before but they were all shipped back or destroyed by Canadian customs. Therefore we have decided not to export this to Canada anymore. We had some customers who lived close to the US border, shipping to the US is no problem for us (shipping time 2-3 working days, and €42.95 up to 10 kg for the shipping).

Met vriendelijke groet / Kind regards,

Dennis
KRALE B.V.
Achthoevenweg 36
7951 SK Staphorst
The Netherlands
T (+31)(0)522-461284
E info@krale.shop
I www.krale.shop

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:47 pm 

WOW - it will be worse, soon.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:45 am 

Hmmm. Prices are significantly lower on the higher end stuff than what you can get here in Canada even after shipping and taxes. Easy enough to ship to a ups store close to the border and pick it up. More research is warranted.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:46 pm 

I ordered from Krale last year in Jan 2018. All went smooth. CBSA kept the order for 4 weeks when items arrived. I sent Krale a PDF of the RCMP FRT numbers (both air guns were over 500fps so I needed a PAL) to be included with the shipment. I'm sure that helped to get them processed.
Sorry to hear they don't ship to Canada anymore...they were great to deal with.