Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:30 am 

As my Norica Black Eagle .22 detuned rifle has a tighter bore than all my other guns, recently, I just keep on doing experiments and studying this subject...

I will post my questions and findings here and your input will be appreciated too ~ Don't hesitate to share your experience here ~ [emoji38]

https://youtu.be/nFudoqwsJbc

Sent from my S8 via Tapatalk

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:37 am 

So far I found I have some smaller sized wadcutter in my Stoeger X-Sport which makes the best grouping...

I am not a scientist and so bad I failed to make a good planning before I start ( didn't expect it goes complicated and so much data...) and goes just back and forth... Hopefully I can get a simple result at the last...

..... I just digged out another 6 different .22 pellets and want to try them out.... Faint out... Image

~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:53 am 

YepYep wrote:

In the video, I noticed something...

1. As a break barrel rifle, the breach seal is on the barrel, (not like the HW45, breach seal on the transfer port side), so, if leaving a little bit skirt outside of the breach, actually won't damage anything, maybe when you closing the barrel, the skirt would be damaged by the TP?! Then, do we have to seat it completely inside the breach opening?

2. Nigel Allen looks prefer to seat it a little inside the breach, so he made that customized seater. And I noticed when I am using an AA battery tip will just seat the pellet at the similar depth. I learnt the AA battery trick from the forum, but don't remember which gentleman shared this... Just say thank you again here ~

3. The Beeman seater just seat the pellet very deep... Looks don't have a good result either... But I doubt there is a purpose to seat the pellet so deep... Anyone has an idea?

4. The gentleman used a fine grinding stone to fix the pellet skirt before loading into the bore? (Time - 2:40), is that really work? And each pellet??
Looks the bore on the FWB 124 Sport is very tight too....

~Target~

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:33 am 

With regards to point number 4...the person didnt use the grinding stone to alter the pellet skirt....he used it to alter the breech itself. Personally...I think its all about pellet choice....I would rather test different pellets for fit in the bore and find a good accurate one before I took a grinding tool.....or anything else to open up the barrel/breech.....Once you have altered the breech....there's no going back and you just messed it up for all the pellet types that DID fit right in the first place... :D .

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:34 am 

I doubt he's working on the barrel too... However I didn't see what's holding in his hand... Even he working on it after taking the barrel off, he can't cover the whole barrel by his palm, right?

And if just slightly polish the breech opening...and after you put in the pellet, actually that spot will be behind the pellet... Does it still can affect the accuracy / power of the gun? Doesn't it just for easier loading? (I doubt a smooth area works the same too?!)

~Target~

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:59 pm 

YepYep wrote:
I doubt he's working on the barrel too... However I didn't see what's holding in his hand... Even he working on it after taking the barrel off, he can't cover the whole barrel by his palm, right?

And if just slightly polish the breech opening...and after you put in the pellet, actually that spot will be behind the pellet... Does it still can affect the accuracy / power of the gun? Doesn't it just for easier loading? (I doubt a smooth area works the same too?!)

What he was doing was adding a slight chamfer to the very edge of the breech. Instead of being a straight 90° angle it will have a slight ramp for a mm or 2. This was done so that when he was seating a pellet with his thumb he would be able to seat it flush with the breach face easier.