Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: 2289G Groups
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:24 pm 

Straight out of the box the sites were set pretty good...steel Breech and scope on the way... :D
Dime groups or less at 33 feet ...kneeling position...

Attachments:
c.JPG
c.JPG [ 63.99 KiB | Viewed 873 times ]
b.JPG
b.JPG [ 19.96 KiB | Viewed 873 times ]
a.JPG
a.JPG [ 17.87 KiB | Viewed 873 times ]

Post subject: Re: 2289G Groups
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:15 pm 

Nice ~

And I know why I put my 1322 aside for some whiles now... Pumping is not an enjoyment... [emoji38] springer and co2 can save you much more time in just shooting ~

Not using 10 pumps? But you will need to adjust the sights for the higher fps @ 10 pumps....

Sent from my S8 via Tapatalk

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:02 am 

They might be hard to find now- Crosman 14.3 gr "Competition" wad-cutters gave me a caliber sized hole at 12 meters and 480-ish fps in my first 22-89. Off a forearm only front rest. I think the scope was a Bushnell Banner 4-12X set to 8X. I still have that bbl around here somewhere :roll:

-D.S.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:35 am 

YepYep wrote:
Nice ~

And I know why I put my 1322 aside for some whiles now... Pumping is not an enjoyment... [emoji38] springer and co2 can save you much more time in just shooting ~

Not using 10 pumps? But you will need to adjust the sights for the higher fps @ 10 pumps....

Sent from my S8 via Tapatalk

Sometimes I use a maximum of 12 pumps....depends on the distance Im shooting..pumping 5 times is not so bad...
especially with the fun and novelty of a new gun

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:41 am 

Doc Sharptail wrote:
They might be hard to find now- Crosman 14.3 gr "Competition" wad-cutters gave me a caliber sized hole at 12 meters and 480-ish fps in my first 22-89. Off a forearm only front rest. I think the scope was a Bushnell Banner 4-12X set to 8X. I still have that bbl around here somewhere :roll:

-D.S.

Seems to me I saw Crosman wadcutters the other day at our local shop...gmk armoury..if so Ill pick up a box...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:37 pm 

Doc Sharptail wrote:

-D.S.

That is impressive, Doc. Any mods to the carbine (still a pistol)?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:07 am 

Not really all that impressive, even if it was just a single point rest. 12 meters is not that great of a distance, especially indoors.
At the time the 22-89 was current, the bbls were being made on tooling that was also used for the 22-60 bbls, which was leaning towards the quality side.

I think it was more pellet than gun in that particular situation. I was not the only one to experience tight groups with the old competition wadcutters- the ones that came in blister packs of 500. I have one blister pack left, unopened. I had better check on them. Hope they haven't oxidized.

I think it's at least 12 years ago, and the photo's have been lost in the photobucket financial change-over. I may still have it on an old s/d card~ if I can find it....

Like mentioned above, I still have the bbl. Not quite long enough for a hunter, and a bit longish and front heavy for pistol format...
As a fun plinker, those bbls had a bit of a narrow niche for my needs, but never say never...

-D.S.