Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: AirArms Prosport .22
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:04 am 

Looking to Purchase an AirArms Prosport .22....
Inquiring if their are Any Downsides to this Rifle ?
What Ammo would you recommend ?
Thank you in advance for any insight and knowledge !
Regards Mark

Post subject: Re: AirArms Prosport .22
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:48 am 

The downside is you will not have an excuse for missed shots.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:07 pm 

Probably decocking.

The secondary safety is under the cocking lever (whereas a TX has the anti-bear trap at the side) so it's awkward to decock. It's an issue for me operating a rifle I can't decock easily.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:52 pm 

Hi ,
I have owned many TXs and only one Prosport . I feel the issue is they work so well and their pedigree comes from the $5000 or more Mach 1 Venom. They are the only rifles that offers state of tune to us airgunners many years ago. I'll never forget my first TX200MKII .177cal James Maccari Custom tuned and it won three nationals. I got Pcps but I'm stoked by airspringers. One or two fps shot spreads ect. engineering is great. If I was you , you should be proud to own any of the two great ones. Get one or two of them now before quality control goes south, as if it didn't already ..it did. Their walther barrels are cheaper and state of tune. But still a little more refined than a HW97K . My new toy the Beeman R9 .22cal shoots just as accurate as my ProSport but is much harder to do that as I shoot off hand 90% of the time. But still can do a clean one hole from 30 feet.
But if you only want one then the ProSport is much much more shooter friendly. Here's why ;
1 The Pro Sport allows you to practice your shooting sessions longer as fatigue is much less on your resting arm if your hunting
or shooting standing position as I do. This is because the ProSport is much better balanced than the TX200.. biceps start to hurt and kills the fun.
2 The ProSport Cocks and Loads much faster. No bear trap release nus enc that it is. Takes away your Zone.
3 Cocking Force? Love it. Easy and clean even fun. I don't feel cocking force as I'm strong but to others who feel it's too hard
then ... well I guess the TX wins there. My opinion ? It's Better, the Pro sport cocks and loads faster than the TX.
4 The ProSport is better suited for long scopes if you like that sort of thing. Balances to the rear, helps distribute scope
weight.
5 The Pro sport is still today the best out of box magnum springer on this planet. These are my 4 reasons why the Pro sport
wins in my opinion of course. Good Luck
Captain Air